Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Yodel/Home Delivery Network Ltd (HDNL) (Read 572,107 times)
c3

Re: Home Delivery Network Ltd (HDNL)
Reply #45 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 9:50am

Tried contacting the Fareham branch on 01489581571 but it wasn't picked up. Then I tried the 01489581544 number which was picked up straight away by a very helpful lady.

IP Logged

duncan.d

Reply #46 - Mar 1st, 2010 at 3:22pm

020 8685 1032    Mitcham

So HDNL in Mitcham have now decided that they will obstruct calls phopned directly to this number, even though it is in the customer services department at the depot, and that they will only answer your queries if you phone them via the 0871  number in Liverpool.

The fact that they will connect you from there to the same office in Mitcham seems to be irrelevant to them, and it is clearly an indication of company policy that they will be unhelpful unless they can make a bit of money out of customer dissatisfaction!

Isn't this the kind of company we don't like? Spread the word!

Angry

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #47 - Mar 2nd, 2010 at 11:18am

duncan.d wrote on Mar 1st, 2010 at 3:22pm:
The fact that they will connect you from there to the same office in Mitcham seems to be irrelevant to them, and it is clearly an indication of company policy that they will be unhelpful unless they can make a bit of money out of customer dissatisfaction!

Isn't this the kind of company we don't like? Spread the word!

Hi and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

Thanks for this. Home Delivery Network used to have a 0870 number, then changed to a 0844 one, and then increased its premium with a 0871 number.

Unfortunately it's difficult to avoid this sort of company. Unless you know which mail order companies use its services for deliveries and you avoid those companies, then I'd say it's nigh-on impossible.

IP Logged

LaurenAshley

Reply #48 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 4:50pm

[color=#009999][b]I've honestly given up with Home Delivery Network they are useless! they told me that my parcel (which is a television) is at there stockton depot when i called the stockton depot they told me my parcel was there but it was not a television it was a shoe box totally useless information. Does anyone know if the stockton depot is in billingham ?  :-?[/b][/color]

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #49 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 8:45am

[quote author=LaurenAshley link=1138109855/45#49 date=1268239801][color=#009999][b]I've honestly given up with Home Delivery Network they are useless! they told me that my parcel (which is a television) is at there stockton depot when i called the stockton depot they told me my parcel was there but it was not a television it was a shoe box totally useless information. Does anyone know if the stockton depot is in billingham ?  :-?[/b][/color][/quote]
Home Delivery Network is a courier, so I'm not so sure that it giving innaccurate information on the parcel to the recipient before it is delivered makes it of no use. When you receive the parcel(s), you will find out what it is (or what they are if there's more than one). I presume that a delivery attempt has been made, so why not just request they come back to you when someone is in? Even if the item is wrong, they still have to deliver it to you and [i]then[/i] it is up to you to follow the returns procedure set out by the retailer you bought it from.

If you called the Stockton depot using one of the numbers published on our site, then you must remember that these are not intended for use by the consignee. As far as I know, the 0871 number goes through to head office and thus all calls are dealt with there. The depot's direct number is therefore effectively like a back door, and having turned up there, you could have been referred to the 0871 number (the front door), but you weren't. So the person taking your call was probably just being helpful to you, rather than following what is probably company policy by referring you to the 0871 number. The type or size of parcel may have been a guess on their part or they may have mistakenly thought that they saw your parcel earlier. Some may suggest that depot staff who refuse to deal with consignees are "jobsworths", but there is little wonder they may do this when they find their help thrown back in their face by being branded "useless" for assisting.

In any case, how can you be totally sure that your supplier has not sent the wrong item or that the product doesn't come in more than one box, one of which is shoe box size, both of which eventualities would make the information provided correct?
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2010 at 9:01am by Dave »  

IP Logged

jpirie

Reply #50 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 10:57am

Hi,
Great site this and has saved me quite a lot of money over the few years I have used it.
Have now registered and have a number to add to this thread for Home Delivery Network Limited.

For INverness office, Serving the Highlands call:

01463 714964

This is a verified number called this morning and got a very cheerful and helpful Girl who gave me the information I was looking for.

Hope this makes it onto the list.

Thanks again.

James

IP Logged

chrash

Reply #51 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 11:29am

duncan.d wrote on Mar 1st, 2010 at 3:22pm:
020 8685 1032    Mitcham

So HDNL in Mitcham have now decided that they will obstruct calls phopned directly to this number, even though it is in the customer services department at the depot, and that they will only answer your queries if you phone them via the 0871  number in Liverpool. 

I just used this number & got through to a very helpful girl at Mitcham, dunno if it's because I'm calling from abroad that it wasn't blocked but its certainly worth trying.

IP Logged

CASMAN

Reply #52 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 10:13pm

I too have recently suffered with HDNL after buying something from Amazon.

Took a day off on the estimated delivery day, but didn't turn up because it appeared stuck in an HDNL depot.

Next day I got a try to deliver card.  Of course the web site wasn't working.  Objected to paying 10p a Minute because HDNL web site wasn't working.

Found these details for HDNL Depot In Reading:

9 Deacon Way
Tilehurst, Reading RG30 6AZ

Tel: 0118 941 4012

The phone was answered and Irene who answered was very helpful and tracked down my parcel for me.  I did have to collect my Parcel and their depot is a long way from where I live, but at least I got it eventually.  I hope others find the local number useful.

IP Logged

revjohnmacleod

Reply #53 - May 6th, 2010 at 3:10pm

CASMAN wrote on Apr 30th, 2010 at 10:13pm:
I too have recently suffered with HDNL after buying something from Amazon.

Took a day off on the estimated delivery day, but didn't turn up because it appeared stuck in an HDNL depot.

Next day I got a try to deliver card.  Of course the web site wasn't working.  Objected to paying 10p a Minute because HDNL web site wasn't working.

9 Deacon Way

Tel: 0118 941 4012 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0118 941 4012      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

The phone was answered and Irene who answered was very helpful and tracked down my parcel for me.  I did have to collect my Parcel and their depot is a long way from where I live, but at least I got it eventually.  I hope others find the local number useful.

I phoned 0151 2908500 and asked for the number of the Inverness depot which was very helpfully given without any quibble -- 01463 714964.  And the phone there was answered and the guy was very helpful.  More than I can say for the driver.

Allegedly the driver had claimed the premises were locked.  Didn't ring the bell and didn't leave a card and didn't put the parcel back on the van so I doubt whether he was here at all.   The same guy had been here the day before with another parcel and he ought to know by now that the premises are almost always occupied 24/7 and in any case there's a notice on the door giving two alternative delivery points.  Easily the worst of the delivery networks.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #54 - May 6th, 2010 at 4:57pm

CASMAN wrote on Apr 30th, 2010 at 10:13pm:

9 Deacon Way

Tel: 0118 941 4012

The phone was answered and Irene who answered was very helpful and tracked down my parcel for me.  I did have to collect my Parcel and their depot is a long way from where I live, but at least I got it eventually.  I hope others find the local number useful.

Thanks. I've verified this number for this branch which was listed previously as unverified.

We also have, still unverified, 0118 941 3939 and 0118 945 1184 which I would appreciate feedback on.

revjohnmacleod wrote on May 6th, 2010 at 3:10pm:
I phoned 0151 2908500 and asked for the number of the Inverness depot which was very helpfully given without any quibble -- 01463 714964.  And the phone there was answered and the guy was very helpful.  More than I can say for the driver.

Thanks. This number for the Inverness depot is already listed in our database. Smiley

IP Logged

Wendi

Essex
Reply #55 - May 13th, 2010 at 10:36am

I went on to the website and the tracking number on the card they had left does not work so I have just rang 01708376155 as the alternative to the 0871 number and I got through to the Romfod Depot.  Laura who answered the phone was very unhelpful and told me I had to ring the 0871 number. I am not prepared to do this as I have a mobile and it would indeed cost a fortune.  There must be something we can do about this.  I don't know who the parcel is from so cannot even contact them!  HELP Embarrassed

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #56 - May 13th, 2010 at 11:06am

Welcome to the form Wendi Smiley

This is their customer services number and address that I found on www.192.com

Phoenix House, Deacon Park, Moorgate Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Liverpool, Merseyside, L33 7RX

0151 290 8500

See if they can be of any help to you and if you get any luck please let us know how you get on.

« Last Edit: May 13th, 2010 at 11:11am by sherbert »  

IP Logged

Wendi

Essex
Reply #57 - May 13th, 2010 at 11:24am

Thank you so much for this.  I have just rang them and the guy was so helpful.  All sorted now. Have a lovely day.  Grin

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #58 - May 13th, 2010 at 12:18pm

That number that I gave is in fact a verified number on the database.

IP Logged

Wendi

Essex
Reply #59 - May 13th, 2010 at 12:57pm

Yes I saw that number but didn't call it as it was out of my area, obviously that was not the case. Thanks again.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge