Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
NTL Customer Services & Technical Support (Read 96,578 times)
Bettina

Re: NTL Customer Services & Technical Support
Reply #45 - Nov 11th, 2006 at 2:26pm

I have today used the 150 number to complain about being charged extra per month for my package since having the free digital box installed (which am having disconnected as i already had sky multiroom which is more reliable).If you have an NTL phone line you can phone 150 which is free.I was told i needed customer services and i asked if he could put me through,which he did. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2006 at 2:27pm by Bettina »  

IP Logged

grw44

Reply #46 - Nov 23rd, 2006 at 1:43pm

I have recently queried ntl by email about having to 're-provision' my broadband access.
'NTL Customer Concern' replied that they could not help but suggested:-
   "contacting the technical support team on 0871 225 1111 to perform online diagnostics to solve the problem. Alternatively you can call 151 for free from your ntl landline."

Dialing 151 (10:20am thursday) I was connected to a standard menu system:- 'press 1 for broadband, 2 for dialup, etc'
I pressed 1 and the Timer on my handset and waited, briefly, for a reply. I was given an explanation and told the broadband signal would be boosted through the set top box (requiring another re-provisioning).

The call lasted 4 minutes in total so I will await my next bill to see if it was indeed free.  

IP Logged

KJJ

Reply #47 - Nov 23rd, 2006 at 6:15pm

Dialling 150 from an ntl phone will put you through to customer services for free
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2006 at 6:16pm by KJJ »  

IP Logged

mdjw

Reply #48 - Jan 10th, 2007 at 2:14pm

My NTL phone line broke and I refused to pay an 0845 call charge when their equipment has broken.  I've now changed over to BT, who I have to say, have been excellent so far - even to the point of them calling me back when their call centre system went down in the middle of a call!

Anyway, my NTL account is still in credit so I need to get the money back out of them!.  I tried the old number 0800 0522000.  There is a recorded message telling you about their new number, but if you hold after the message, the system puts you through to Customer Services!

IP Logged

jimbo2005

Reply #49 - Feb 3rd, 2007 at 12:26am

Hi.  Someone has posted that Customer Servies of NTL is 0141 003 4101.  There are no numbers of this type in Glasgow.  Can the person who posted it please check again and make sure they have not mistyped the number.  If this person has a similar number that was mistyped, please could they add the correct number instead.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #50 - Feb 3rd, 2007 at 7:15am

jimbo2005 wrote on Feb 3rd, 2007 at 12:26am:
Someone has posted that Customer Servies of NTL is 0141 003 4101.  There are no numbers of this type in Glasgow. ...

There are numbers starting 0141 003 and they are allocated to NTL Group Ltd. Is this a coincidence or is this the right number?

These are "national dialling only" numbers and we have had reports that they cannot be called from a BT line. However, NTL lines and Orange mobiles apparently do allow them to be called.

jimbo2005, have you tried this number from your NTL line?

IP Logged

jimbo2005

Reply #51 - Feb 3rd, 2007 at 9:36am

I must admit - no.  I have only tried it from BT line and it does not work.  I suppose it is like the 00 44 trick - which only works on NTL and not on BT.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #52 - Feb 3rd, 2007 at 11:35am

jimbo2005 wrote on Feb 3rd, 2007 at 9:36am:
I must admit - no.  I have only tried it from BT line and it does not work.  I suppose it is like the 00 44 trick - which only works on NTL and not on BT.

So if it does work, it's most likely the work of an insider as these "national dialling only" numbers aren't going to be made public. Either that or the number came up on someone's caller display when NTL customer services called them.  Undecided
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2007 at 11:36am by Dave »  

IP Logged

jimbo2005

Reply #53 - Feb 3rd, 2007 at 7:38pm

It does work.  Thanks.  Smiley

IP Logged

Ade

Reply #54 - Jun 19th, 2007 at 1:49pm

I had a problem with my broadband today so I called 150 and selected 3 (for problems) and 1 (for broadband) and before I was put through to a person I got a recorded message saying that from 1st July the number for broadband issues will be 0906 21 21 111 (10p connection charge, then 25p per minute).  Hardly seems fair since I am paying for the broadband service already and whenever I have had a problem in the past it has been the suppliers problem, not mine!  How silly is that?

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #55 - Jun 19th, 2007 at 2:20pm

Welcome to the SayNo forums Ade.

I read on another forum that, if the matter about which you have to call is Virgin Media's fault (i.e. it's not a computer issue), they will refund the cost of the call.

More interestingly, a poster on MSE has offered his services to resolve problems and save users having to use the 090 number at all.

See THIS THREAD (and, in particular, posts #15 &17).
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2007 at 2:36pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

mattydj

Reply #56 - Jul 4th, 2007 at 10:54pm

I've just had a run in with Virgin Media tonight.   My broadband has been playing up all day, dropping out or very slow.   Completely dead from around 8pm until 9.30.

I rang all manner of numbers (150, 151, 0845 and others from here) but went round in circles.  All they would tell me to do was to ring 0906.  They refused to tell me even if there was a fault in the area and the 0800 Service Status line had no mention of our area.

So I called 150 and formally registered my displeasure and complaint in that I was having to pay for a service I could not use (broadband) and then pay again (25p per min plus 10p) to report a fault with Virgin's own equipment.  I then bit the bullet and rang the Virgin Media Broadband support 0906 number which was answered instantly!  I was told that this line cost 25p per minute, to whihc I replied I know and I object to paying this, but carry on.

After 4 minutes of question and answer, the chap couldn't assist and was contacting his second level support.  He took my number (strange as you thought he would already have it) and would ring back, which he did some 5 minutes later.

Low and behold, there IS a fault on Virgin's system - Low S & R - which should be fixed by tomorrow!  So after 12 hours, they finally know about a problem with their equipment because I have taken the trouble to tell them.  I have also paid £1.35 for the privelige of telling them that their own system is faulty.

Just to rub it in, the Broaband mysteriously sprang back into life 15 minutes later and has been perfect ever since.  Coincidence?  I think not.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #57 - Jul 5th, 2007 at 4:48pm

mattydj wrote on Jul 4th, 2007 at 10:54pm:
I've just had a run in with Virgin Media tonight.   My broadband has been playing up all day, dropping out or very slow.   Completely dead from around 8pm until 9.30.

The thread for finding a cheaper number for the new Virgin Media 0906 is here.

A discussion on it with a link to a media report is here. The report mentions that VM will apparently refund the cost of the call under certain circumstances:
Quote:
“To give Virgin their credit, they will still provide a free phone number that tells customers of issues in their area that could be causing problems. Virgin also claims that its agents have the ability to refund the cost of the call if the customer’s modem is faulty, if an engineer needs to make a home visit or if the problem results from an unreported outage. Virgin will also call the customer back if the call lasts longer than 20 minutes. However, by this time, the call will have cost at least £5.10.

Source: Easier Finance

IP Logged

mattydj

Reply #58 - Jul 5th, 2007 at 9:32pm

I rang VM Customer Services 3 times and asked them to put me through to the Broadband Support department and each time they refused saying "I can't do that, you have to ring 0906".

I argued with them but they were unmoved.  I have written a formal complaing to Virgin today asking for a refund of the cost of my 0906 phone call.

IP Logged

trefwasere

Reply #59 - Jul 14th, 2007 at 10:12pm

Any luck finding an alternative number for the tech support?

Personally I'm seriously considering leaving Virgin Media over this later rip off!

Tref

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge