Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
YourCalls.net (Read 55,771 times)
bbb_uk
Global Moderator

YourCalls.net
Oct 27th, 2006 at 2:25pm

A staff member from YourCalls.net (going by the forum name macminiuser) posted this in the Geographical Request section here.  To save the thread going off-topic, I've created another thread for anyone wishing to discuss or has queries regarding this.

The post from macminiuser as mentioned in Geographical Requestion section:-

Quote:
Hi guys - I work for Yourcalls.net.  I thought you might be interested to know that the geographic number for Yourcalls.net is 01903 703411.

Thanks for the heads up on the brackets around the 0845 number on the contact us page, Dave - I'll get that fixed ASAP by our webby people.  That was actually my fault, as I proof read that particular copy from our copywriters, so my bad for not spotting that one.

Why do Yourcalls.net have an 0845 number you ask?  Two reasons:

1.  At £4.99 for Anytime UK calls, our prices/margins are so low, we can't afford to give our customers an 0800 number, but we're not so greedy as to have an 0870.
2.  It's for contingency - if, for instance, someone flew a light aircraft into Premium House, we could relocate the next day and repoint the non-geo number to our new premises without having to inform all existing/prospective customers of the new geographic number, and without having to reprint all our stationery etc.  Yes, we could always do an admin divert or whatever, but again there are costs associated with that.

If for any reason someone does fly a light aircraft into our building and we have to relocate, rest assured I'll post the new geographic number here for you guys!

If anyone has any other Yourcalls.net related enquiries, please don't hesitate to ask; I'd be delighted to hear from you.
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2006 at 2:31pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: YourCalls.net
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 2:36pm

Going by your website, I noticed you only charge £4.99 for all-inclusive geographical calls.

Do you take customers who choose not to take your linerental with you (ie CPS customers)?

If you do take CPS customers then I'm sure you would get a great deal of more customers as many forum readers here and at MSE like to keep their linerental with BT as this ensures we can free Caller Display, etc.

SkyTalk costs £5 and is available for CPS customers only but unfortunately you do have to be a Sky subscriber.

The next cheapest all-inclusive is from a company called Euphony who charge £7.25 and is also available via CPS.

IP Logged

acezing

Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2006 at 6:38pm

Surely the cheapest 24/7 geographical  call supplier at the moment is Euphony EUTalk + which averages out at £4.33p a month over 18 months. It also includes inclusive calls to 28 intl destinations.(Ok you do need to take out an 18 month contract).

IP Logged

macminiuser

Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 5:36pm

bbb_uk wrote on Oct 27th, 2006 at 2:36pm:
Do you take customers who choose not to take your linerental with you (ie CPS customers)?

Alas not at the moment.  However, we don't limit the use of the line in any way if you do 'transfer' it to us.  You can still use 1899, 18186, 18866, access numbers like Telediscount/Dialwise etc, broadband is unaffected etc.  Technically, you could CPS your calls elsewhere if you really wanted to - there's nothing to stop you from doing so (although we ask you not to in the terms and conditions, and we're not sure why you'd want to - we're pretty cheap!)

Furthermore, there's no contract, so if for any reason you want to go back to BT - that's OK with us.  We'll just be sorry to see you go.

bbb_uk wrote on Oct 27th, 2006 at 2:36pm:
If you do take CPS customers then I'm sure you would get a great deal of more customers as many forum readers here and at MSE like to keep their linerental with BT as this ensures we can free Caller Display, etc.

I don't doubt that.  I'm sure in time CPS will be something we'll look at offering.  For now, though, it's all about the single-bill solution for the time being.

If Caller Display is important to you, depending on how much you use the phone you're probably best off sticking with BT.

Answer 1571 is still free with us, and regular call barring (i.e. not activated through the handset) to international, premium, mobile, local, national or any combination thereof is also free.  If you want the call barring you can control on-the-fly from your phone it costs £1.50 a month, not £9.99 as quoted by homephonechoices.co.uk; although that is our fault not theirs!)
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2006 at 6:07pm by macminiuser »  

IP Logged

macminiuser

Reply #4 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 6:03pm

acezing wrote on Oct 27th, 2006 at 6:38pm:
Surely the cheapest 24/7 geographical  call supplier at the moment is Euphony EUTalk + which averages out at £4.33p a month over 18 months. It also includes inclusive calls to 28 intl destinations.(Ok you do need to take out an 18 month contract).

wow - that is pretty cheap... looks like a good deal, but like you say, the 18 month contract is a bit of a grim out.  They spank us on calls to Mobiles, as well - however, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm a staunch 18185 man for calls to mobiles.  I wish them all the best.

the whole inclusive calls to 28 destinations thing gets on my nerves, though - who actually calls 28 international destinations on a regular basis?  we thought about this and found most people who regularly call internationally out of our 40,000-strong customer base, call a specific country - maybe because they've got family back home or kids who have emigrated - who knows.  anyway, we made a feature called the Golden Destination to cater to this kind of person which allows you to pick 1 destination and get Tier-1 calls at the cheapest direct-from-landline rate (i.e. no prefixes, access numbers, calling cards etc.) to that one destination, be it international or UK mobile.  For example:

South Africa
Euphony: 50p peak
Yourcalls.net: 3.87p peak

By all means use Dialwise or Telediscount or calling cards or Skype or whatever - but when you need to have an important conversation and can't be dealing with dropped calls and echoey scratchy lines, you won't have to sell your granny to dial direct from your Yourcalls.net line - that's where we're coming from.

Again, I appreciate that people calling one or more of those particular 28 destinations who aren't allergic to 18 month contracts will do well with Euphony.  We're not going to suit all of the people all of the time, but we're good value for money in the right circumstances, and we're nice to deal with.  (not that Euphony aren't - I'm sure they're lovely.)
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2006 at 6:18pm by macminiuser »  

IP Logged

macminiuser

Reply #5 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 6:10pm

oh yeah, you now know from our geographic number that our customer service centre is based in the UK (and more importantly, in-house; we don't pay a THIRD-PARTY call centre, of which there are many, to deal with OUR customers), which is important to some people.
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2006 at 6:16pm by macminiuser »  

IP Logged

acezing

Reply #6 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 1:19am

I am not so sure that 18 month contract is that bad,lots of people sign up for them on mobi,s these days. At least you know you have a fixed cost of less then a £1 a week for next 18 month for your calls. Smiley Which is not bad if you make quite a few georaphical calls and call one or two of the countries they cover.Even if you dont call overseas its still a good deal.

If you are calling  one of the countries that are not included in their plan as they are a cps service you can override your calls via BT and get good rates using gateway numbers Eg South Africa from 2p. Or use the likes of 18185.

I had cause to Euphony last week,they have their own UK Call Centre based in Basingstoke,and they were also helpful.  Plus they dont use a ngn  Wink

I notice your people charge £9.99p a month for Call Barring and £ 9.99p  for Ring Back this is very high is
it not.?  https://www.yourcalls.net/Features/YourCallPlan.aspx

Do Your Calls have a min call charge if so how much,do they bill by minute or second, how long is their peak rate period.What are their charges for calling 0845/0870 numbers,do they charge the same as BT for calls to 0844/0871.
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2006 at 1:38am by acezing »  

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 2:01am

acezing wrote on Oct 31st, 2006 at 1:19am:
I am not so sure that 18 month contract is that bad,lots of people sign up for them on mobi,s these days. At least you know you have a fixed cost of less then a £1 a week for next 18 month for your calls. Smiley Which is not bad if you make quite a few georaphical calls and call one or two of the countries they cover.Even if you dont call overseas its still a good deal.
The 18month contract may not be to everyone's liking although it does mean a really cheap all-inclusive calls with some international destinations included as free.  It is good value regardless but I personally don't like 18month contracts as you don't know what the market is going to be like a couple of months down the line.  I agree many people are signing up for them on mobile contracts but thats because in most cases its unavoidable because some phones (due to how expensive they really are) only come with 18month contracts so the networks obviously try and claim back more money from you over the longer period.  It is unusual to have an 18month CPS contract though.  For example, we're on Primus all-inclusive plan costing £3.49 per month (after rebate) due to an offer that was going at the time hence why I personally wouldn't sign up to 18month contract in case this or a similar deal came along.  We very rarely make international calls so that isn't a big deal really.

I notice your people charge £9.99p a month for Call Barring and £ 9.99p  for Ring Back this is very high is
Funny you should mention that, macminiuser has already said they charge £1.50 in reply #3 above (last paragraph).  Although they should really change that image as it does give the impression they are the most expensive provider for those wishing to block calls  Wink

It's just a shame Yourcalls.net don't offer that inclusive plan via CPS as that would make them the current cheapest (without being subject to an minimum term) and I do think they would get many, many more customers especially once it is mentioned on MSE.
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2006 at 2:09am by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

acezing

Reply #8 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 3:53am

Prices might go up ,after all we have seen recent increases by BT,TT,1899, and Cable.So approx 99p a week for 18 months might be a winner  in the long term,providing of course you make enough calls to justify going on it. Or if you cant be bothered to use access numbers,get a dialer,or want decent line quality(unlike 18185 these days).

I see  macminiuser mentions call barring , but how about Ring Back at £9.99p a month.How can that price be justified?

Does the Your Calls offer have a min term ?

IP Logged

macminiuser

Reply #9 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 9:46am

Plus they dont use a ngn  Wink

Ouch!  Good for them.

Sorry, Ring Back is also £1.50 per month - that damn screenshot has caused me no end of grief.  I'll get it fixed ASAP.

Do Your Calls have a min call charge if so how much,do they bill by minute or second, how long is their peak rate period.What are their charges for calling 0845/0870 numbers,do they charge the same as BT for calls to 0844/0871.

Minimum call charge is 5p for chargeable calls including VAT.  Obviously free inclusive calls do not have a minimum call charge.
Billing is per second.

Peak Rate is 8am-6pm
Off-Peak Rate is 6pm-8am
Weekend Rate is Midnight Friday-Midnight Sunday

All calls between Yourcalls.net customers are free inclusive at any time.
All weekend UK geographic calls are free inclusive on any tariff, up to 60 minutes per call, after which you are charged from the 61st minute onwards (not the whole call)
Our Leisure Saver Tariff at £1.99 per month includes Evening UK Calls capped at 5p up to 60 minutes per call, after which you are charged from the 61st minute onwards (not the whole call)

0845 is a wallet-bursting 5p per minute peak, 3p per minute off peak
0870 is a coronary-inducing 10p per minute peak, 5p per minute off peak
The price of calls to 0844/0871 varies greatly from number to number (as a reader of SayNoTo0870 you will know this already) but should be the same price as advertised by whoever owns that number.

However, we recommend you use Call18185.co.uk to call 0870 numbers for 4p per minute peak and 2p per minute off peak, and you can use Dialaround.co.uk by dialling 0844 462 34 34 before the 0845 number you wish to call and call for 2p per minute peak.

I think that covers everything...
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2006 at 10:38am by macminiuser »  

IP Logged

macminiuser

Reply #10 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 10:03am

... oops - missed these ones:

acezing wrote on Oct 31st, 2006 at 3:53am:
Does the Your Calls offer have a min term ?

No minimum term - you can leave at any time.  No questions asked.  Well, actually, we might go, "Oh." before pulling a sad face, then asking, "Why are you leaving?  That makes me a sad panda."

If that doesn't convince you to stay, you're free to go.

acezing wrote on Oct 31st, 2006 at 3:53am:
Prices might go up ,after all we have seen recent increases by BT,TT,1899, and Cable.  So approx 99p a week for 18 months might be a winner  in the long term,providing of course you make enough calls to justify going on it. Or if you cant be bothered to use access numbers,get a dialer,or want decent line quality(unlike 18185 these days).

Even having an 18 month contract with Euphony wouldn't protect you from price increases if, for instance, the overall cost of providing telecommunications services went up, due to Clause 4.2 of their Terms and Conditions (http://www.euphony.co.uk/downloads/tandc.pdf):

"4.2 We reserve the right to increase or decrease our fixed charges and/or introduce new fixed charges from time to time. If we increase any of our fixed charges or introduce new fixed charges, we will give you reasonable prior written notice..."

Yourcalls.net have a similar clause:

"... We may change our prices (upwards as well as downwards) but will endeavour to inform you at least 14 days in advance of any change we are making..."

Any telecoms company will reserve the right to alter their prices, because if the wholesale price of calls doubled overnight (or even went up by 10% the margins in this business are so low), as a service provider we'd have two options -

1.  Review our prices accordingly, or
2.  Go out of business.

But given we have no notice period, we'd be very foolish if we put our prices up; all our customers would leave!  We have no intention of playing the cheeky "BT/TT/1899 call connection charge" game with our customers.
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2006 at 10:47am by macminiuser »  

IP Logged

acezing

Reply #11 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 11:37am

macminiuser thanks for your helpful detailed reply.

« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2006 at 11:40am by acezing »  

IP Logged

macminiuser

Reply #12 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 11:51am

acezing wrote on Oct 31st, 2006 at 11:37am:
macminiuser thanks for your helpful detailed reply.

You're welcome, my friend  Smiley  thanks for the questions and the heads up on that dodgy screenshot with the incorrect pricing!
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2006 at 12:01pm by macminiuser »  

IP Logged

macminiuser

Reply #13 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 12:07pm

bbb_uk wrote on Oct 31st, 2006 at 2:01am:
It's just a shame Yourcalls.net don't offer that inclusive plan via CPS as that would make them the current cheapest (without being subject to an minimum term) and I do think they would get many, many more customers especially once it is mentioned on MSE.

It sure is - leave it with me, I'll see what I can do.   Smiley

IP Logged

ruthhart

Essex
Reply #14 - Dec 3rd, 2006 at 2:13pm

Hi I am a new customer to Your Calls and I would like to say I am pretty impressed so far with the service I have received! The real test for companies like this is when the customer has a major fault on the line and as I was nolonger with BT I was worried about how long it would take to fix?!

We had a vandal scale up our BT pole and he stole 30 foot of copper wires to sell on so we were told by the Police! This guy caused major damage to the phone lines. I was only cut off for four days and Your Calls were pretty good at keeping me up to date. My only negative commet so far is I asked them to direct my calls to a mobile whilst the line was being fixed and I was told they could divert them for a charge!! We all know BT do this free of charge. But hey can't have cheap calls and a free service can we x

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge