Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Hall of Fame (including Hall of Shame) (Read 523,696 times)
CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Re: Hall of Fame (including Hall of Shame)
Reply #105 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 11:55pm

Hi Dave,

just to let you know the link for 3663 Food Service in the Hall of Fame does not work it should go to: http://www.3663.co.uk/

Also Best Buy no longer operates in the UK and the page listed has a redirect on it... not sure if the 03 number they used still works..

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #106 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 12:00am

CJT-80 wrote on Jan 4th, 2014 at 11:55pm:
Hi Dave,

just to let you know the link for 3663 Food Service in the Hall of Fame does not work it should go to: http://www.3663.co.uk/

Also Best Buy no longer operates in the UK and the page listed has a redirect on it... not sure if the 03 number they used still works..

3663 link updated; Best Buy removed.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #107 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 1:13pm

Cheers Dave

Smiley Smiley

Regards,

CJT-80

IP Logged

hankypanky

Reply #108 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 4:53pm

Being a bit slow here but why would a retailer like RS want to make customers pay premium rate when telephoning them? Sounds like a great reason not to call! My local independant audio shop has a geographic phone number and long may it last !
Dave wrote on Feb 26th, 2010 at 6:17pm:
CJT-80 wrote on Feb 26th, 2010 at 5:48pm:
Shall I add these to the Database?   Smiley  Smiley

No. I will do that. It's good that BT has set-up the 0330 numbers for line faults (150) and broadband faults.  Smiley

Where did you find out about 0330 1234 150 ?

Edited:
Name of retailer and link to it removed by Dave.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2014 at 5:23pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #109 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 5:03pm

hankypanky wrote on Feb 13th, 2014 at 4:53pm:
Being a bit slow here but why would a retailer like RS want to make customers pay premium rate when telephoning them? Sounds like a great reason not to call! My local independant audio shop has a geographic phone number and long may it last !

Two reasons spring to mind:

1. Because it can get away with it, up to now. The new law (The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments) Regulations 2013), which has come about as a result of the Consumer Rights Directive, says no to premium numbers for customer service lines.

2. Because they don't have appreciated for the fact that there is a premium involved, which is to become known as the Service Charge. As an example, RS says, at the bottom of its pages "For general enquiries: 08457 201201 (standard rate line)".
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2014 at 5:24pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #110 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 5:14pm

Dave wrote on Feb 26th, 2010 at 6:17pm:
CJT-80 wrote on Feb 26th, 2010 at 5:48pm:
Shall I add these to the Database?   Smiley  Smiley

No. I will do that. It's good that BT has set-up the 0330 numbers for line faults (150) and broadband faults.  Smiley

Where did you find out about 0330 1234 150 ?

I used to work for RS many years ago, and they had a strange system for their phone lines and calls.. so I assume they wanted to improve them and thankfully took the route of using an 03 number... They route to an IVR Menu which gives at least 2 options, well I know the stores numbers do.. not sure on Customer Services.

Regarding BT I stumbled across the number while looking for help for a friend of mine who is with them.

Smiley

Edited:
Name of retailer and link to it removed by Dave.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2014 at 5:25pm by Dave »  

Regards,

CJT-80

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #111 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 5:32pm

Dave wrote on Feb 13th, 2014 at 5:03pm:

Two reasons spring to mind:

1. Because it can get away with it, up to now. The new law (The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments) Regulations 2013), which has come about as a result of the Consumer Rights Directive, says no to premium numbers for customer service lines.

2. Because they don't have appreciated for the fact that there is a premium involved, which is to become known as the Service Charge. As an example, RS says, at the bottom of its pages "For general enquiries: 08457 201201 (standard rate line)".

1. Hankypanky  03 are not premium rate numbers and Richer Sounds explain this clearly on their site.

"03 numbers connect you directly to the store or department you call, and are charged at the same rate as you are charged for numbers starting in 01 and 02.
03 numbers are included in all bundle rates for mobile phones and landlines."  www.richersounds.com

2. Dave RS is Richer Sounds not the RS you link to.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2014 at 5:34pm by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #112 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 6:08pm

bigjohn wrote on Feb 13th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
2. Dave RS is Richer Sounds not the RS you link to.

hankypanky referred to "RS" which, as it appears now, was used as an abbreviation for a company which does not normally go by that name and for which he did not define. It's not surprising therefore that there is liable to be confusion with a company which trades under that name and which is also in the electronics field.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2014 at 6:33pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

allegro

Reply #113 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 8:04am

I have dealt with the RS which is not Richer Sounds for many years. They are NOT a retailer, even though they have relaxed their "trade only" policy a little in recent years. Normal consumer protection law therefore doesn't apply to them as they only sell to businesses, not private individuals. Still wrong for them to be using 0845 numbers, though to be fair, they may well have done this since the dim and distant days when it was an advantage to customers to have a "local" rate number.

Richer Sounds, as others have said, are good guys as far as phone contact is concerned.

IP Logged

Reply #114 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 11:05am

The biggest entry of all. This applies to most of you.

Anyone hypocrite running their own 07XXX prefix number (usually a mobile at non 01/02/03 rates) whilst at the same time expecting to call XYZ organisation at 01/02/03 rates.

How can they complain at the NGN numbers used when often if costs more to call them on their 07XXX mobile.

They have no argument.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #115 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 4:52pm

03700000000 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 11:05am:

Anyone hypocrite running their own 07XXX prefix number (usually a mobile at non 01/02/03 rates) whilst at the same time expecting to call XYZ organisation at 01/02/03 rates.

How can they complain at the NGN numbers used when often if costs more to call them on their 07XXX mobile.

They have no argument.

What on earth? Seriously have you just come back on here (after a large absence) to make confusing posts???

Regards,

CJT-80

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #116 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 5:11pm

They have no argument.

Whilst in principle I agree, there are however differences:

• A mobile telephone is mobile which means that the person being called is available when they are not near their landline. It may be a case of a mobile number or no number simply because the landline number won't get answered (due to them not being at home).

So while there can be an "alternative" when the person is at home or work, there is usually not so when out and about.

• Mobile users have no option but to have it as it is whereas corporate bodies have had 03 numbers available for nearly seven years, yet few have taken up the offer, particularly until recently when forced to do so by the change in the law.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #117 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 5:36pm

They have no argument.

Its possible to call 07xxx numbers from a landline without inclusive minutes  for less then then 2p a minute these days try doing that to a 0844/0871 number.

BJ.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #118 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 11:45pm

bigjohn wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 5:36pm:
Its possible to call 07xxx numbers from a landline without inclusive minutes  for less then then 2p a minute these days try doing that to a 0844/0871 number.

Whilst this may well be the case, it is important to remember that this is merely a "money-saving" tip which a tiny number of consumers may take up. (There is also the question of how worthwhile having to dial these numbers are as calls currently incur a set-up charge of circa 15 pence, so a two-minute call will cost 17 pence which equates to 8.5 pence per minute.)

The more general picture is that calls to mobiles from landlines cost much more than calls to landlines from landlines. For far too long now there has been a great inequity.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2014 at 11:49pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #119 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 3:37am

Dave wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 11:45pm:
bigjohn wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 5:36pm:

Whilst this may well be the case, it is important to remember that this is merely a "money-saving" tip which a tiny number of consumers may take up. (There is also the question of how worthwhile having to dial these numbers are as calls currently incur a set-up charge of circa 15 pence, so a two-minute call will cost 17 pence which equates to 8.5 pence per minute.)

The more general picture is that calls to mobiles from landlines cost much more than calls to landlines from landlines. For far too long now there has been a great inequity.

Yes their is a great inequity in charging but as i see it the poster is arguing as a business its expensive to call mobile numbers often given out by customers, where as customers expect to call geographical or freephone numbers.

But normally  Businesses that have a sensible telecom set up dont have pay that much to call mobile numbers ,where as customers cant avoid expensive calls to 0844/0871 type numbers,anymore then a business can.
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2014 at 3:45am by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, DaveM, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge