Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Hall of Fame (including Hall of Shame) (Read 523,720 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Stroke Association now in Hall of Fame
Reply #75 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 3:25pm

The Stroke Association has earned its place in our Hall of Fame as it has switched its helpline from a 0845 to a 0303 number.

IP Logged

allegro

Re: Hall of Fame (including Hall of Shame)
Reply #76 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:38am

Their description of 03xx numbers, while a bit lengthy, is accurate and commendable. They refer to the Helplines Association as recommending 03xx numbers http://www.helplines.org.uk/content/contact-us Spot the 0845 Shocked To be fair they also give geographic numbers but having an 0845 at all goes against their own guidance. http://www.helplines.org.uk/content/setting-helpline "Call the THA helpline for helplines"
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:40am by allegro »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #77 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 8:40pm

Avon Cosmetics is now in our Hall of Fame as it has replaced its 0845 numbers with 0333 ones:
http://www.avon.uk.com/PRSuite/ContactUsThree.page?qnNo=1&CURR_URL=contact_us_ma...

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #78 - Mar 7th, 2011 at 12:54pm

« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2011 at 12:57pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Number_Six

Reply #79 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 9:56am

Hi this is my first visit to this site - excellent.

Just want to point out I tried to call my bank on that dreadful 0845 number, I absolutely detest auto attendants (press 1 for etc etc), then I got transferred to phone banking and I do not want to use phone banking, (love the internet, love email, hate the phone)  so after being told by the voice on the end od the phone to enter my account details and phone banking passord, which I do not have and do not want, I finally gave up after being unable to get through to a human being.

Can we please return to the days where you could call your local branch on a geographcal number (so you know exactly where you are calling), speak to a human being and conduct business.

These dreadful call centres and 0845/0870/whatever numbers are a nightmare.

And don't even get me started on premium rate number I never ever use them.

Sorry to let off steam but aren't organisations supposed to measure customer satisfaction in order to increase business confidence, if I cannot talk to a human being I really do not want to do business with organisations who use these dreadful centralised call centres.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Hall of Fame - A-Plant
Reply #80 - Aug 17th, 2011 at 12:06am

Hire company A-Plant has joined the Hall of Fame as a former 0870 user, its main number is now 0370 050 0797.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Groupama Healthcare joins the Hall of Fame
Reply #81 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:05pm

Groupama Healthcare has moved from 0870 numbers to 0333 ones, as its contact page shows.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #82 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 8:46pm

Good Evening, not sure if I should post this here, but the rest of Groupama Insurance has not followed suit in changing it's contact numbers as shown here

Lets hope they do soon.

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #83 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 8:48pm

CJT-80 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 8:46pm:
Good Evening, not sure if I should post this here, but the rest of Groupama Insurance has not followed suit in changing it's contact numbers as shown here

Lets hope they do soon.

I have suggested that they look at changing the "Insurances" division to 03 numbers as well.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #84 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 8:53pm

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Indeed

I believe they are a Direct insurance provider/underwriter.

But am not sure.

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

speedy

Dartford
Reply #85 - Sep 18th, 2011 at 11:36pm

The AA (Motoring) not the liquid variety has changed the Breakdown from Mobiles from 0800 to an 0844 number - 0800 was bad enough from a mobile because you were charged - so I left the AA on Fri.16 Sept after 60 years of Family loyalty and joined the RAC

I also emailed to the AA Holding Company that are a Private Equity and the AA has been sold on 4 times in the last 4 years to others similar that are asset stripping and dared them to reply - got an Auto out of office so far and am awaiting a reply HA HA

When I looked on the RAC Site I found that all of their Customer Services and Insur. are 0844 so sent them a stiff email and a Challenge to change the Breakdown and Accident from 0800 to 0300 and Customer Services the same - I Challanged them to make those Ground Breaking Changes to show the way forward to Others. - I await their reply in hope. Will update if/when I get
replies  Grin

IP Logged

speedy

Dartford
Reply #86 - Sep 18th, 2011 at 11:43pm

I have put on the alternatives board the Atlas Editions a vehicle models Company

Their number now is 0844 8709888 that I used to use but on huntiing old sites found 0845 533036 which I dialed and went to the same menue as 0844  Tongue

I also found 0800 3213339 but keep forgetting to try it - will do so when I next remember   Grin

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #87 - Sep 18th, 2011 at 11:51pm

speedy wrote on Sep 18th, 2011 at 11:36pm:
The AA (Motoring) not the liquid variety has changed the Breakdown from Mobiles from 0800 to an 0844 number - 0800 was bad enough from a mobile because you were charged - so I left the AA on Fri.16 Sept after 60 years of Family loyalty and joined the RAC

I also emailed to the AA Holding Company that are a Private Equity and the AA has been sold on 4 times in the last 4 years to others similar that are asset stripping and dared them to reply - got an Auto out of office so far and am awaiting a reply HA HA

When I looked on the RAC Site I found that all of their Customer Services and Insur. are 0844 so sent them a stiff email and a Challenge to change the Breakdown and Accident from 0800 to 0300 and Customer Services the same - I Challanged them to make those Ground Breaking Changes to show the way forward to Others. - I await their reply in hope. Will update if/when I get
replies  Grin

The AA UK emergency breakdown number,s
0800 88 77 66 or 0121 275 3746
both still work from both landlines and mobiles.

As does the RAC,s 0800 828282 .

If you have inclusive mobile minutes you can use a service like http://www.0800buster.co.uk/ to make 0800 calls at no extra cost from your mobile.
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:04am by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

speedy

Dartford
Reply #88 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:29pm

Yes bigjohn There are the usual 0800 numbers on my renewal sheet and card in Jan but was advised by someone to look on AA site where it says clearly Mobiles to use 0844 xxxxx - I think they may be testing the Waters prior to Announcing - looks like they will eventually be removing the Mobile 0800 - if not why put an advisory on the site - I think they are trying to slide it under the wire - on the AA Reviews their Members are leaving in droves because of this and the quality of their Customer Services Staff.

Most of my info came from 2 members of staff, one an old school Patrolman the other a member of Staff both are friends, who had viewed their Jobs as a vocation of many years not just a Job.

I have a Pay as you go for Breakdowns - dont have inclusive mins on these. Its never on unless by special arrangement so I dont give out my Molile number - not used normally.
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:35pm by speedy »  

IP Logged

reserved

East Sussex
Reply #89 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 5:00pm

Plusnet have just released details of a 03 number for support: 0345 140 0200 - see here

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge