Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Humax Electronics (Read 90,276 times)
sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: Humax Electronics
Reply #15 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 1:51pm

Looking at this

http://www.worldnetconnect.co.uk/international_toll_free_services.php?gclid=CP_F...

I would suggest that the number is indeed free.

What do you reckon derrick?

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #16 - Jun 12th, 2009 at 7:41am

sherbert wrote on Jun 11th, 2009 at 1:51pm:
Looking at this

http://www.worldnetconnect.co.uk/international_toll_free_services.php?gclid=CP_F...

I would suggest that the number is indeed free.

What do you reckon derrick?

I would also suggest that it is free, but from the country you are dialing from?, in this case Australia. How would one go about dialing the Australia number from the UK, as to my knowledge there are no UK numbers beginning 1800.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #17 - Jun 12th, 2009 at 9:56am

derrick wrote on Jun 12th, 2009 at 7:41am:
I would also suggest that it is free, but from the country you are dialing from?, in this case Australia. How would one go about dialing the Australia number from the UK, as to my knowledge there are no UK numbers beginning 1800.

Not sure but I would have thought by dialling 61 first?
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2009 at 7:50pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #18 - Jun 12th, 2009 at 1:09pm

sherbert wrote on Jun 12th, 2009 at 9:56am:

Not sure but I would have thought by dialling 61 first?

OK, just tried, got the message, " we are closed, our office hours are 9-5 Eastern Standard Time" do you know the time difference?
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2009 at 7:49pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #19 - Jun 12th, 2009 at 1:42pm

I think minus four hours. Look at this..

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/eastern-time/

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #20 - Jun 12th, 2009 at 8:05pm

The national trunk dialling prefix in Australia is 1, so to call it internationally, it is +61 800 613 011.

In the UK the national trunk dialling prefix is 0, so Austrailian national numbers (area codes etc) start 1.

Edited:
The national trunk dialling prefix in Australia is in fact 0 (and not 1), so it's just like in the UK.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2009 at 3:10pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #21 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 10:22am

sherbert wrote on Jun 12th, 2009 at 1:42pm:

Whilst it does state -4 hours, the time shown on the clock on that page at the time I writing this message is 05-18 but the actual time here is 10-18. so that makes it -5 hours, or is that due to our clock switching?

If their hours are 9-5 Eastern Standard Time, does this mean that I can call them between 2 p.m.  & 10 p.m using our time clock which as I said above is 5 hours behind?

Actually from that page it looks like it is -5 hours re BST; -

Eastern Time is the Eastern Time Zone of the United States of America (USA) and Canada.  Eastern Standard Time (EST) is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT-5).   
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2009 at 10:32am by derrick »  

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #22 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 10:30am

Dave wrote on Jun 12th, 2009 at 8:05pm:

The national trunk dialling prefix in Australia is 1, so to call it internationally, it is +61 800 613 011.

In the UK the national trunk dialling prefix is 0, so Austrailian national numbers (area codes etc) start 1.

Yep, that is what I called yesterday,(reply #18),and again now, message is still the same, it is Humax but their opening hours are 9-5 Mon-Fri Eastern Standard Time.

The call connected and is free via the computer and VOIPSTUNT, looks like it should be 1ppm using 18185.

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #23 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 10:45am

We should not need to be doing this if it where not for the greedy ba****ds in this country ripping us off via the phone system.

How on earth can it be cheaper to phone Australia than to call a British company? Answer= greed!
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2009 at 10:45am by derrick »  

IP Logged

redant

Reply #24 - Jun 13th, 2009 at 12:10pm

I recently purchased a Netgear wireless router, and needed some information. The number given is, of course, 0844. Looked on this site, found the alternative, tried it but the recorded message stated: for tech support, customer services or to return a faulty item please redial 0844 or wait to speak to an operator.  Complained that I only needed information, not support and was put through to their centre in Ireland. I complained that their Website stated that all support was provided free and was advised this only applied to the US, other countries would possibly be charged for the call. However, it was agreed that this was not what was stated, and the American site has now been changed (call charges may apply).  I do not know how free-phone numbers are formulated around the world but it would appear that many countries do have freephone numbers, including Eire. The UK of course does not.  The person I spoke to advised me I can call any of the phone numbers for basic support given, so avoiding the 0844 number if I chose. (link to this page: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/984.)

This goes to prove that we are ripped off in Britain as I can phone America on my call plan (not on the 1-888 number which is not included, but on their American Geographic number) cheaper than the 0844 number.  Apparently all calls end up at the same place, either India or the Phillapines!  Obviously, the preference is for the 0844 number to be used as you will get immediately to the right department!  It is interesting to note that their Amercan site shows how to access by telephone different countries from anywhere in the world, so does not appear to bother them.

« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2009 at 12:59pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #25 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 2:20pm

Dave wrote on Jun 12th, 2009 at 8:05pm:

Have just tried that number and receive the following after single ring tone followed by double ring tone; - "the number you have called is incomplete or incorrect please check and dial again", then what appears to be some sort of code, 02001130, have tried this 3 times now and always receive the same message and code number.

Tried 611800613011, and get; - "call is not connected", although when using this number on Saturday, I got; - "welcome to Humax,  we are closed, our office hours are 9-5 Eastern Standard Time"

Tried 0061800613011 and this rings with a single ring tone as against the normal 2 ring tone, then after about 6-7 rings the line just stops.

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #26 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 2:52pm

Is it actually possible to call an Australian freephone 1800 number from the UK, and if so how?

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #27 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 2:55pm

sherbert wrote on Jun 12th, 2009 at 1:42pm:

According to this page it is +11 hours not -4/5 hours; - http://planet-talk.co.uk/call-australia.aspx?gclid=CPvQiY62jJsCFZQU4wod6T0wow

What time is it in Australia?
Remember to plan the time of your call to Australia. You don’t want to wake grandma up in the middle of the night.

Time Difference between UK and Australia:
With Daylight Savings (BST) + 11 hours
Without Daylight Savings (GMT) + 10 hours

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #28 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 3:01pm

Well, I knew Australia was that far ahead but in reply #18 you stated  " we are closed, our office hours are 9-5 Eastern Standard Time" Australia certainly is not that, so am wondering if that diverted you to an American number where "  Eastern Standard Time" is

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #29 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 3:08pm

derrick wrote on Jun 15th, 2009 at 2:52pm:
Is it actually possible to call an Australian freephone 1800 number from the UK, and if so how?

See Wikipedia article Telephone numbers in Australia

I was wrong! The national trunk dialling prefix in Australia is 0 like in the UK.

However, under notes for Other non-geographic numbers (00, 1) it states "Some of these numbers are dialable from overseas, it is up to the individual owner to set this up correctly (for 13 and 18 numbers at least) (eg +61 13x xxx)"

So it appears that you can call 1800 numbers if the user has set them up to do so in the form of +61 1800 etc.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, DaveM, Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge