Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 45
Send Topic Print
GPs all over England (not just in South Yorkshire) (Read 899,043 times)
speedy

Dartford
Re: GPs all over England (not just in South Yorkshire)
Reply #180 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 12:16am

Could I ask catj to look at the Link in his Post stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultation etc.etc it is not now working - I did the Diagnostic Report button but it is gobbledy gook to me perhaps you could see if it has been removed/blocked etc or whether it is my end - if it is removed/blocked is there any other way of viewing it -I have a glimmer of an idea and would like to be able to access if this available.

Perhaps SCV has it somewhere on his Blogg which I can access.
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2012 at 12:23am by speedy »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #181 - May 4th, 2012 at 10:56pm

Here is a recent letter to the West Sussex County Times:

Hold on a minute

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #182 - May 5th, 2012 at 4:10pm

Lilliput Surgery is another practice that offers a local number on its NHS Choices profile contact page.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2012 at 5:44pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

speedy

Dartford
Reply #183 - May 6th, 2012 at 2:38am

It looks like NEG/Daisy are going ahead with advising GPs to put an extra line with a geographic number alongside their 0844 - It shows what Dummies these GPs must be to be taken in once again - when all they had to do was migrate to 03 with minimal effort and money spent. Instead they are paying again for the extra geo line- NEG/Daisy are making More Profit and People that are not online dont know if the GP keep quiet about it

But they are still in breach of the GMS Contract by advertising the 0844 at all - especially when they call it a local rate number in breach of Trading Standards I hope in same way that 0845 is not Local or Lo-call  Angry

Our NHS is going to be in the hands of these Dummies - the sooner the EU Directiv that show them up for fools the better.  Shocked

Dave I couldnt find a geo number on either of the 2 links - have they taken it down already or just done a very good job hiding it.

« Last Edit: May 6th, 2012 at 2:52am by speedy »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #184 - May 6th, 2012 at 6:52am

speedy wrote on May 6th, 2012 at 2:38am:
It looks like NEG/Daisy are going ahead with advising GPs to put an extra line with a geographic number alongside their 0844 - It shows what Dummies these GPs must be to be taken in once again - when all they had to do was migrate to 03 with minimal effort and money spent. Instead they are paying again for the extra geo line- NEG/Daisy are making More Profit and People that are not online dont know if the GP keep quiet about it

Indeed. The fact that the surgery has acquired this geographic number for publication can only be because it knows that it is in breach of its contract by using a number that costs more to call. It could quite easily* switch to a 0344 number without the need to spend anything on an alternative in order to adhere to its contract with the NHS.

* I say that this step could be done "easily". It is comman practice for telephone users to be allowed to switch from a 084 to 034 number within the terms of their contract. I have not seen any evidence to support the view that any provider of GP phone systems makes this difficult by imposing penalties on any customer that wishes to make such a move.

The Variation to the GMS Contract that applies states:

Quote:
29B.2. The Contractor shall—
29B.2.1. before 1st April 2011, review the arrangement and consider whether, having regard to the arrangement as a whole, persons pay more to make relevant calls than they would to make equivalent calls to a geographical number, and

29B.2.2. if the Contractor so considers, take all reasonable steps, including in particular considering the matters specified in sub-clause 29B.3, to ensure that, having regard to the arrangement as a whole, persons will not pay more to make relevant calls than they would to make equivalent calls to a geographical number.

29B.3. The matters referred to in clause 29B.2.2. are—
29B.3.1. varying the terms of the contract or arrangement,
29B.3.2. renegotiating the contract or arrangement, and
29B.3.3. terminating the contract or arrangement.

29B.4. If, despite taking all reasonable steps referred to clause 29B.2.2, it has not been possible to ensure that, having regard to the arrangement as a whole, persons will not pay any more to make relevant calls to the practice than they would to make equivalent calls to a geographical number, the Contractor must consider introducing a system under which if a caller asks to be called back, the Contractor will do so at the Contractor’s expense.

As I say, clearly the surgery offers this alternative because it knows that "having regard to the arrangement as whole, persons pay more to make relevant calls".

In which case, as 29B.2.2 says, it should take all "reasonable" steps to see that persons don't pay more. It has failed to do this as the 0844 number will still be being used by those who pay more. This means that Clause 29B.4. does not come into play because all reasonable steps have not been carried out.

If a severe penalty is imposed by the phone system provider for switching to a 034 number, then clearly this would make it an "unreasonable" step. As I say, I've not heard of any company imposing such terms.

speedy wrote on May 6th, 2012 at 2:38am:
Dave I couldnt find a geo number on either of the 2 links - have they taken it down already or just done a very good job hiding it.

It is only available on the NHS Choices page. After the 0844 telephone number it says "or 710013". It does not appear to be on the company's surgery's website.

IP Logged

DaveM
Global Moderator

Du vin, du pain,   du
Ibuprofen ¡

Peterborough
Doctors Surgeries
Reply #185 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 1:26pm

Whilst I sympathise with the people that have had their Doctors Surgery change their number over to 0844, it is FUTILE for them to put their details in the ADD A NEW TELEPHONE NUMBER section if the old number is not working !

I have had some 20 or so added over the last 6 months, all with the exact same problem and I'm afraid that there is absolutely nothing I can do except DELETE them as NOT WORKING !

The item added today was for
Wigmore Lane Health Centre, Luton. LU2 8BG
run by
Dr CDW Ellis & Partners
, which has moved from 01582 483338 to 0844 4770958, the old number now just giving the new number repeatedly.

Please don't give me 01582 707333 which is for the Health Centre & NOT the Doctors, likewise for 01582 481301 which is just for Dr. N Shankar.

Anyone with any additional information or comments please add your sixpenneth.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Doctors Surgeries
Reply #186 - Jan 26th, 2007 at 4:18pm

Recently we have had quite a few of these doctors surgeries added that all have
0844 477xxxx
numbers, which seem to be synonymous with NEG Surgery Line. NEG also do School Line, a system adopted by Maghull High School, discussed here.

All these requests have one thing in common and that is that they are virtually impossible to find alternatives for because the new numbers will not be known to anyone apart from NEG. Short of dialling all numbers in one area code, then there's little chance of finding the new number.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2007 at 4:44pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Grump

Shipley, West Yorkshire
Reply #187 - Jan 28th, 2007 at 4:27pm

Hopefully the following will link to the online version of an article in our local paper. http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/newsindex/display.var.1152128.0.patie...  
This is the result of a complaint to our local MP Philip Davies MP for Shipley West Yorkshire. (Conservative). Our local doctors surgery decided they would rather listen to the clever sales pitch of NEG than listen to the recommendations from on high via the NHS. We were able to stop the surgery advertising their new 0844 number as costing no more than a 01 number by complaining to Trading Standards. Trading Standards could not stop the surgery using a 0844 but agreed it was not what they would like to see. We hope our MP is successful in pursueing this cause and stopping the miss use of these telephone numbers.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #188 - Jan 28th, 2007 at 6:11pm

My surgery has not changed to one of these rip-off numbers, so I will email it to make it aware of the costs involved.

Contact details of surgeries can be found on NHS' website.

IP Logged

spotler

Reply #189 - Feb 22nd, 2007 at 2:28pm

Interesting to note the following from the NEG Surgery Line pamplet 'Kingshurst Medical Practice, Solihull / Case Study No. 33:'  Page 2

http://www.networkeuropegroup.com/downloads/surgeryline-kingshurst.pdf

Quote:
When a surgery switches to an 084 number, NEG will install and maintain the most efficient communications system on the market. You specify exactly what equipment you want to receive (from handsets to switchboards) for no extra charge. With your own 084 number, you keep about 2p from every call to re-invest in your practice, instead of BT making all the profit from calls to your surgery.

Note the profit being made by the surgery!! and the rationale behind the change Huh

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Doctors Surgeries - SIGN THE PETITION
Reply #190 - Mar 23rd, 2007 at 3:28pm

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/NGN-use-by-GPs/

Come on people, only 20 of us on there at the moment.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #191 - Mar 23rd, 2007 at 5:51pm

25 now.
Still plenty of space for others to put their name.

Wooden balance bikes for only £35 + postage. www.easycyclers.co.uk
IP Logged

warweezil

Reply #192 - Mar 30th, 2007 at 5:34pm

I found out today that my GP practice (which is merging over the weekend in a spanking new health centre with 3 other practices) has also gone "08444", I put in a call to the local CHC seeking some justification for this and apparently I am getting a call back on Monday.

I will be asking specifically if there is a revenue sharing element to the new call management system, and asking why people such as myself who have a "calls inclusive" plan (for which I pay a premium) are being penalised by this. We were not consulted about this, in fact there has been no communication to patients apart from a few notices stuck up on windows at the surgery.

It was bad enough when the out of hours GP service went to one of those expensive and often hard to remember 08 numbers, its not as if they have the "national presence" excuse to fall back on - this is a local service exclusively serving local people. Its time this farce was stamped on once and for all.

I am sick and tired of being "taxed" by organisations whenever I pick up my phone. maybe I should get one of those 07xxx personal numbers and give that out to all the organisations & businesses that expect me to ring them @ premium rate and see how they like it.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #193 - Mar 30th, 2007 at 5:50pm

warweezil wrote on Mar 30th, 2007 at 5:34pm:
I found out today that my GP practice (which is merging over the weekend in a spanking new health centre with 3 other practices) has also gone "08444", I put in a call to the local CHC seeking some justification for this and apparently I am getting a call back on Monday.

Get the facts. Put in a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 if necessary. IIRC at least some surgeries receive 2p/min which is paid to the provider (often NEG). Some responses and guidance are in the FOI section of the forum.

When you have this, contact your local newspapers and radio stations etc. One ongoing thread on here is for Chislehurst Medical Practice.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Re: Doctors Surgeries - SIGN THE PETITION
Reply #194 - Mar 30th, 2007 at 7:49pm

Heinz wrote on Mar 23rd, 2007 at 3:28pm:
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/NGN-use-by-GPs/

Come on people, only 20 of us on there at the moment.

Oh, why bother?

Still only 41.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 45
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge