Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 45
Send Topic Print
GPs all over England (not just in South Yorkshire) (Read 899,466 times)
0870sucks

Essex
Re: Rip-off Britain 0844....
Reply #210 - Apr 25th, 2007 at 12:25pm

0870sucks wrote on Apr 20th, 2007 at 10:52am:
I tried to call my Dr's surgery today (20/4/07) only to be told the number has changed to 08444 773945 from 655134.
The real numbers do not work anymore, this means I will be charged 5p pm, the calls used to be free with my calling plan!
I will be writing to the practice manager informing them they can only call ME on my mobile number (unless they supply a direct number) from now on, if they call my home number, I will repeat - "the number you have called has been changed to 077........".
When I move, if my new surgery uses rip off numbers, they will be given my mobile number only!   

I have just received a reply from a complaint I made to the NHS regarding the 0844 number chage at my doctors surgery, I told them that I need to be able to contact my GP from overseas and cant using this new rip-off number, they gave me 08704600817 as an alternative!!!!!!!!!!!
It seems they have all exits covered, I haven't finished with them yet. Angry Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2007 at 5:22am by Dave »  

IP Logged

airsound

Re: Doctors Surgeries
Reply #211 - Jul 26th, 2007 at 1:41pm

A piece of good news.   The Bourton-on-the-Water and Northleach surgeries (Gloucs) have recently renewed their phone system to increase their availability to patients, and have retained their 01451 numbers.   I talked to the Practice Manager, who told me that they had considered using the NEG system, but decided against it because they didn't believe the claimed benefits, and felt that people would rather use the existing numbers.    I congratulated her.   She seemed surprised!

They have also recently adopted an online system for represcriptions and appointments which works very well after an initial difficulty in getting registered.   Of course, you can still do those things by phone or in person as well.

So, some surgeries do care!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #212 - Jul 26th, 2007 at 4:34pm

airsound wrote on Jul 26th, 2007 at 1:41pm:
They have also recently adopted an online system for represcriptions and appointments which works very well after an initial difficulty in getting registered.   Of course, you can still do those things by phone or in person as well.

It would be far better if a system was developed for online bookings. The only reason these surgeries switch to phone systems like Surgery Line is because they get it subsidised. Having patients book online one step to alleviating some of the congestion on the phones.

IP Logged

airsound

Reply #213 - Jul 26th, 2007 at 4:47pm

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, Dave.   by "an online system for .......  appointments", I mean the same thing as what you describe as "bookings".  (I think!)    I can see immediately online which doctors are free when, and then book.    There is even a short notice section, where I got a booking, at 1700 one day, for 1030 the next.

The system is called EMISaccess.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #214 - Jul 26th, 2007 at 5:28pm

airsound wrote on Jul 26th, 2007 at 4:47pm:
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, Dave. …

The system is called EMISaccess.

I understood that your surgery has adopted an online booking system.

My point is that companies like NEG spend their time developing (for want of a better word) telephone systems like Surgery Line.

The best way to increase the likelihood of getting through on the phone would be to adopt an online booking system so there are less calls. NEG have yet to provide such a service, probably because Surgery Line is so lucrative. It says something about the provider of telecommunications and the doctors when they opt for an expensive solution that uses the phone only and doesn't include an online service.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2007 at 5:32pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #215 - Jul 27th, 2007 at 6:31pm

I've used EMIS Access before - the University Health Service at Sheffield University recommends it in favour of ringing them up (although I've never had a problem ringing them if I need an appointment). It is a good system (except for when it goes down - thankfully it hasn't done that very often) and, of course, it is free!!

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #216 - Jul 27th, 2007 at 9:16pm

There is a PETITION on the No. 10 website seeking to prevent the use of 0844/0870 numbers by GP surgeries:-----

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/NGN-use-by-GPs/

I think we should give it all the support we can.   Vote now!

Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #217 - Aug 2nd, 2007 at 7:50am

sisgb wrote on Mar 30th, 2007 at 9:16pm:
I have signed the petition I found on here- thank you. How else can I protest about this?

• By writing to the Director of your local PCT ( Primary Care Trust)
  • By making a formal complaint to your doctor's practice and pushing the complaint as far as you need to, in order to get a satisfactory result.  To the Ombudsman if necessary.
  • By writing to the Prime Minister directly about it.
  • By writing to the minister of Health.
  • By writing to your MP and drawing his/her attention to the Early Day Motion No. 1989 which deplores the use of 0844 numbers by doctors.  Ask him/her to sign it and to take the matter up with the Minister and the PM.

~ Edited by Dave: Post formatting tidied up
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2007 at 8:03am by Dave »  
IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #218 - Aug 2nd, 2007 at 9:15am

loddon wrote on Aug 2nd, 2007 at 7:50am:
  • By writing to your MP and drawing his/her attention to the Early Day Motion No. 1989 which deplores the use of 0844 numbers by doctors.  Ask him/her to sign it and to take the matter up with the Minister and the PM.
~ Edited by Dave: Post formatting tidied up

EDM 1989 is about TREATMENT OF TRAINEE DOCTORS FROM COMMONWEALTH AND FORMER COMMONWEALTH COUNTRIES

http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails.aspx?EDMID=30481&SESSION=875
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2007 at 9:15am by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #219 - Aug 2nd, 2007 at 1:20pm

Thank you Heinz for pointing this out.  Now this is a real mystery --- idb posted his message (   http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?action=usersrecentposts;userna...      ) on 28th July saying that Sharon Hodgson MP had tabled her Motion "1989 Cost of Calling Surgeries 24:07:07".   It was signed by 27 MPs!
Where is it now?   Looking at the list of EDMs for Sharon she only has one Motion dated 24:07:2007 --- No. 2643.

So what is going on?   Has her original Motion been withdrawn?   Is it possible to withdraw a Motion?  What the hell is going on???   Can anyone enlighten us on this?

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #220 - Aug 2nd, 2007 at 1:48pm

I don't understand this.   By going into the "pims" website via a different route I have found Sharon's original Motion and it IS No. 1989.   I am now looking a one window with her Motion and another window with EDM 1989 Austin Mitchell and 1989A1 Robert Key!!!!!    Can't the Parliamentary Information Services get their numbering right???

How can two different Motions have the same number???

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #221 - Aug 2nd, 2007 at 2:07pm

This link seems to work for accessing the motion:

http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails.aspx?EDMID=33855&SESSION=885

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #222 - Aug 2nd, 2007 at 2:09pm

Ah, it seems you are looking at the Session 05-06, hence the EDM having the same ID but for a different topic. Make sure you select "Session 06-07" before trying to find the EDM Smiley.

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #223 - Aug 2nd, 2007 at 2:11pm

Yes that link works.   But that still leaves the anomoly of two Motions with the same number.   I have raised the matter with Sharon Hodgson's office and they are looking into the mystery.

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #224 - Aug 2nd, 2007 at 2:15pm

Thanks, mystery solved.  Heinz, you need to select "Session 06-07" before trying to find the EDM.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 45
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge