Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 50
Send Topic Print
NEG propaganda (Read 712,597 times)
loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Re: NEG propaganda
Reply #45 - Jul 17th, 2007 at 8:00pm

Well Ms Simons, having invited us to talk to you to get the "true picture" I do believe you have failed to convince a single person on this site that there is anything "true" in what NEG says.   Indeed it apprears that just about everything you have said has been shown to be questionable, inaccurate, misleading or a downright lie.   

You have succeeded in calling into question not only your veracity and trustworthyness and that of your company, but have also convinced contributors to this forum of the very low intellectual capacity and moral degradation of yourself and all who work at NEG.   Your mathematical ability appears to be lower than primary school level.   I am sure many 10 year olds could tell whether 40p/min or 5p/min was more or less than 2p/min.   You have added to the general belief that NEG is essentially a parasitic, greedy, exploitative, rip-off company. 

You give no consideration whatsoever to the patients who are compelled to use your expensive phone numbers and in effect have to pay a stealth tax in order to call their doctor.    You have no compassion for the old, the sick and those of limited financial means and you have complete inability to envisage the distress your company is causing, to say nothing of the rage and pent up fury which is welling up in resentment of NEG and its practices.  You and NEG may yet have a to pay a very high price for all the damage you are doing.  You are causing  some difficulties in doctor patient relationships.   I know two retired dentists and a retired surgeon in this locality who are furious that their doctors have gone over to 0844.   

By the way, it is not necessary to adopt 0844 in order to   " adopt a queue facility which TELLS THE PATIENT WHERE THEY ARE IN THE QUEUE".   My doctor's system used to announce your position in the queue on their previous geographical number.   If you would care to call the Royal Berkshire Hospital on 0118 322 7400 you can enjoy being in a low cost or free call queue AND be told where you are in the queue!   I suspect this sizable regional hospital is several hundred times larger than any of your doctors practices so please stop telling your sales prospects that only by using 0844 may callers be told where they are in the queue -- that is another lie.

Do you think you could NOW look at the facts and the TRUTH objectively, dispassionately and logically and finally admit that what NEG is doing is largely dishonest and that you are encouraging doctors, of all people, to deceive and even lie to their patients?  This is fundamentally undermining the bond of trust between doctor and patient.  If doctors can be seen to lie about this, what doubts might patients have about other more important issues?   This especially at a time when GPs are reported to be paid on average £100k and up to £250k per annum(Daily Mail 16/07/2007), a massive pay increase in the past few years -- so why do they need to use NEG's underhand methods to fund a new phone system when they could easily finance it in an open conventional way as a normal business expense?

So having read all the comments so far, and your first message was only timed at 09.51 this morning, what have you now got to say?

Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #46 - Jul 17th, 2007 at 8:47pm

ultra1984 wrote on Jul 17th, 2007 at 7:30pm:
My surgery recently changed over to an 0844 number.  Signs went up everwhere in the surgery this is a low-cost number.  The first month it cost me nearly £5 due to problems with the system.  Never mind the fact I was in tears because I felt so ill and when I did get through the system hung up on me 3 times.  When I finally got through all the appointments had gone.  I cried because I felt so ill.  There was no other way of contacting the surgery. I complained to the practice manager but they never offered to refund the money!   Cry

I suggest you send a complaint about this to Ofcom's CEO, Ed Richards (ed.richards@ofcom.org.uk) saying that they are failing in their principal duty under the Communications Act 2003 to protect the best interests of the UK Citizen Consumer by not using their reserve powers to stop doctors using these numbers and not preventing their description by doctors as "low-cost numbers".  Ask Mr Richards to investigate.  Don't be fobbed off to the Ofcom Contact Centre who are a waste of time.  Continue to pursue the matter with Ofcom until you are deadlocked with them and they refuse to help any more.

At that point approach your MP using www.writetothem.com drawing attention to his attention Ofcom's failure to both prevent the use of these numbers altogether by doctor's surgeries and their failure to prevent 0844 being called low-cost calls as the ASA have no power in this area.  Say you want your MP to write to the Parliamentary Ombudsman to have this investigated as a formal complaint against Ofcom for not properly fulfilling their principal duty under the Communications Act 2003 to protect the best interests of the UK citizen consumer.  At that point Ofcom might finally have to explain themselves.

You might also want to pursue the high level complaints procedure through the NHS which ultimately leads to the door of the same Parliamentary Ombudsman.

<div style=

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Reply #47 - Jul 17th, 2007 at 11:22pm

[quote author=KVSimons link=1160182005/15#28 date=1184662289]Having read various incorrect postings re NEG, and quite frankly an offensive posting from user idb I felt compelled to register and post a response. I use the word 'offensive' as idb feels that a) he has the right to make assumptions about me and how I 'bull s**t' my customers and b) he assumes to know Surgery Line - when in fact this person has never even discussed our service with us.[/quote]Given your two postings on here, in addition to what I quoted earlier in this thread, I fully stand by the BS assertion. It is clear that you have no idea how much 0844 is charged from a landline; no idea what premium is paid by callers from alternative networks such as cellular, VOIP and payphone, and no idea that international termination to such numbers is either difficult or impossible. Indeed, one poster has even stated his difficulty contacting his surgery from Spain, and all because NEG's revenue stream is more important than providing a SERVICE to patients.

Your odious organization is a disgrace. It exploits patients. It shafts the customer. You should hang your head in shame rather than perpetrate yet more BS relating to SurgeryLine.

The sad aspect is that it will need a death or serious incident, relating the inability to contact a healthcare provider from overseas for any action to take place to curtail this HUGE scam that NEG is hoisting on a largely unsuspecting public (although that may be changing). If this happens, then I hope that a sharp attorney will go after NEG for all it has, and then perhaps it will end up like Patientline - a sick patient in need of decapitation to put it out of its misery and liberate the patient from exploitation.

Does NEG staff have any ethics/morals whatsoever?

I am offended by NEG. [highlight]IT PUTS LIVES AT RISK. IT PUTS PROFITS BEFORE PATIENTS. IT PUTS GREED BEFORE SERVICE.[/highlight][b][/b]

« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2007 at 11:48pm by idb »  

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #48 - Jul 17th, 2007 at 11:27pm

And, Ms Simons, let me give you an example of NEG's BS:

http://www.networkeuropegroup.com/downloads/surgeryline-thelodge.pdf

How your patients benefit
Patients benefit by having their calls
answered more quickly. The engaged
tone becomes rare – even at peak times -
because you are able to handle incoming
calls more efficiently, whilst patient calls
are spread out during the day. Calls to
084 or ‘lo-call’ numbers cost patients 4p
per minute, the same as the first minute
of BT’s standard call rate between 6am
and 6pm. This means that many
patients will actually pay less in total
because their call is answered and
processed more quickly. Significantly, the
cost of calls from mobiles remains
unchanged - these account for around
30% of all calls to surgeries.

This is pure bull. 0844 is not, and has never been described as 'lo-call', 'low-call' or whatever other sexy-sounding spin you want to attach to the true description of PREMIUM RATE SCAM.

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #49 - Jul 18th, 2007 at 12:21am

Quote:
Significantly, the
cost of calls from mobiles remains unchanged - these account for around 30% of all calls to surgeries.

This is also pure bulls**t

0844 calls are consistently excluded from inclusive calling bundles by all contract mobile providers and charged at a premium rate of up to 40p per minute.  Also on a a Pay As You Go tariff such as Virgin's Everyday you pay 40p per minute at all times for 0844 compared to 12p per minute for 01/02 and mobile calls.

The whole NEG house of cards is based on simple lieing and given the kind of people who work for them that is hardly much surprise.

What is much more surprising and alarming is that the continued growth of this appalling ripoff empire relies on the apparent stupidity of and/or lack of concern for the economic welfare of their patients of professionally qualified doctors and also the total failiure of Ofcom to take any action to stop the continued scamming or the lies about the call costs, even though the Communications Act 2003 gives them all the powers they need to do so.
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2007 at 12:21am by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #50 - Jul 18th, 2007 at 1:20am

NGMsGhost wrote on Jul 18th, 2007 at 12:21am:
The whole NEG house of cards is based on simple lieing and given the kind of people who work for them that is hardly much surprise.
These are the warm cuddly people who run NEG (pictures on web site) who are putting LIVES AT RISK by forcing surgeries into operating numbers that cannot be called under certain circumstances. They withdraw the geographic numbers so that patients are forced to dial premium rated numbers. Perhaps you would like to tell them how you feel:

http://www.networkeuropegroup.com/about/management_team.html

Dean Rayment – Managing Director

Dean is one of NEG ’s longest serving employees who joined the company in 1993 leaving 3 years later to co-fund Mediacom Global Communications Ltd. In a twist of fate NEG acquired Mediacom during an acquisition programme in 1999 and Dean rejoined NEG as part of earn-out arrangement and decided to stay. In the summer of 2002 Dean was appointed to the board accepting the position of Customer Accounts Director responsible for the management of the existing client base and internal marketing. In October 2004 after an MBO (Management Buy Out) Dean was appointed to Managing Director of NEG . Dean lives in Essex with his wife Rosie and is a keen sportsman enjoying golf, skiing and most water sports.

deanr@networkeuropegroup.com

Craig Hughes – Engineering Director

Craig Hughes joined NEG after 14 years in the Royal Air Force as a Telecommunication Engineer. He subsequently gained extensive experience in data, satellite and voice communications. He left the RAF finishing at the rank of Non Commissioned Officer after completing a tour at the Defence Crisis Management Centre in Whitehall. Craig joined NEG As the Nortel Product Manager, with his wealth of experience he was soon promoted to Engineering Manager. In 2003 Craig was rewarded for all his hard work with promotion to the position of Group General Manger. In October 2004 as part of the Management Team Craig became Engineering Director of NEG after an internal Management By Out. Craig has settled down in Essex and is a very keen sportsman and continues to participate in his love for the sport of rugby.

craigh@networkeuropegroup.com

Scott Russell – Non-Executive Director

In 1992 Scott Russell founded Network Europe Telecommunications ltd growing the company organically and through strategic acquisitions to become one of Europe’s premier suppliers of business telephone systems. In the Autumn 2004 Scott stepped down as Managing Director of NEG after successfully spearheaded the sale of the highly profitable Network division to Cable & Wireless’s largest international business partner, then orchestrating a consolidation and Management buyout of the remaining group companies. Scott is now a respected industry consultant regularly contributing to several leading telecommunication publications and has appeared on both television and radio. He lives in rural Suffolk with his wife and two boys, is a keen sportsman and private pilot, and strongly believes "if you look after your customers, they'll look after you"

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #51 - Jul 18th, 2007 at 1:47am

idb wrote on Jul 18th, 2007 at 1:20am:
NGMsGhost wrote on Jul 18th, 2007 at 12:21am:
These are the warm cuddly people who run NEG (pictures on web site) who are putting LIVES AT RISK by forcing surgeries into operating numbers that cannot be called under certain circumstances. They withdraw the geographic numbers so that patients are forced to dial premium rated numbers. Perhaps you would like to tell them how you feel:

http://www.networkeuropegroup.com/about/management_team.html

Dean Rayment – Managing Director

Dean is one of NEG ’s longest serving employees who joined the company in 1993 leaving 3 years later to co-fund Mediacom Global Communications Ltd. In a twist of fate NEG acquired Mediacom during an acquisition programme in 1999 and Dean rejoined NEG as part of earn-out arrangement and decided to stay. In the summer of 2002 Dean was appointed to the board accepting the position of Customer Accounts Director responsible for the management of the existing client base and internal marketing. In October 2004 after an MBO (Management Buy Out) Dean was appointed to Managing Director of NEG . Dean lives in Essex with his wife Rosie and is a keen sportsman enjoying golf, skiing and most water sports.

deanr@networkeuropegroup.com

Craig Hughes – Engineering Director

Craig Hughes joined NEG after 14 years in the Royal Air Force as a Telecommunication Engineer. He subsequently gained extensive experience in data, satellite and voice communications. He left the RAF finishing at the rank of Non Commissioned Officer after completing a tour at the Defence Crisis Management Centre in Whitehall. Craig joined NEG As the Nortel Product Manager, with his wealth of experience he was soon promoted to Engineering Manager. In 2003 Craig was rewarded for all his hard work with promotion to the position of Group General Manger. In October 2004 as part of the Management Team Craig became Engineering Director of NEG after an internal Management By Out. Craig has settled down in Essex and is a very keen sportsman and continues to participate in his love for the sport of rugby.

craigh@networkeuropegroup.com

Scott Russell – Non-Executive Director

In 1992 Scott Russell founded Network Europe Telecommunications ltd growing the company organically and through strategic acquisitions to become one of Europe’s premier suppliers of business telephone systems.  He lives in rural Suffolk with his wife and two boys, is a keen sportsman and private pilot, and strongly believes "if you look after your customers, they'll look after you"

What a shame that Mr Russell's customers don't seem to have the same caring attitude towards their own sickly captive human customer base.

I still can't believe the NHS hasn't made it illegal for doctors surgeries to use anything other than 01/02 geographic phone numbers.

A shame about the bloke from the RAF as he does seem to have had a reasonably useful career prior to joining NEG.
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2007 at 2:36am by Dave »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #52 - Jul 18th, 2007 at 2:36am

KVSimons wrote on Jul 17th, 2007 at 4:23pm:
The 0844 is charged the same as a standard BT rate.

"Standard BT rate" for what? Roll Eyes

As has been pointed out, the 0844 numbers provided to surgeries by NEG are charged at 5p/min at all times from a BT landline. You have pointed out that consumers have a choice about which provider that they use. These numbers effectively drive a coach and horses through this process and are charged at the same rate across (most) landline providers. Mobiles and payphones usually charge more.

So on the one hand, you claim that consumers are 'liberated' through market choice, and on the other, cling to BT's standard (sic) rates to justify your company's actions.

You haven't answered my question about where the proceedes of the 5p/min go. I understand that surgeries receive 2p/min and (in practice) they pay that back to NEG. Is this correct? So what about doing away with 084x NTS and providing 01/02 geographicals??? This will give patients a choice; remember them???!

Oh, and where has the st...st...stuttering Mr Chapman gone? Undecided Cl...cl...click here. Grin

And what's more, NEG continues with its lies of "national rate" respective of 0870 numbers. See here. This is misleading, as well you know, and Trading Standards have stated that they consider that it may be misleading within Part III of Consumer Protection Act 1987, and therefore the company liable for prosecution.
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2007 at 2:38am by Dave »  

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #53 - Jul 18th, 2007 at 10:05am

My betting is that Kath Simons won't be sticking her head above the parapet in this thread again anytime soon.

The main technique ignored by sales people when confronted over their lies is usually simply to act as though they have never heard the question.

The fact that she has been there for 13 years says that she can't possibly not understand what is really going on.

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #54 - Jul 18th, 2007 at 7:42pm

What has happened to Kath????

You could almost hear a pin drop in this thread today. Wink Roll Eyes Grin

<div style=

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #55 - Jul 18th, 2007 at 11:51pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Jul 18th, 2007 at 7:42pm:
What has happened to Kath????

You could almost hear a pin drop in this thread today. Wink Roll Eyes Grin
I didn't think she would return - her lack of understanding is all too clear.

IP Logged

alan99

Reply #56 - Jul 19th, 2007 at 12:06am

Hello

Agree with you 100%. NEG are a despicable, odious company. They just want
to make money from anyone especially picking on the elderly, confused
and sick.

They deliberately charge the max for an 0844 number, cashing in on mosts peoples confusion on the ridiculous Ofcon charging structure for 08x numbers. Most people think 0844 is "local" like 0845. They dont give an 09 number knowing patients will smell a rat.

When they put in a 0844 number they then deliberately  cut off
the old trusted geographic number? This is not "providing a service "
, where is the choice? This is forcing patients to put money into these
bloodsuckers  pockets.

From Ms Simons NEG
QUOTE"I am also a patient, and before my own GP moved to Surgery Line it was a total nightmare to get through. I am far too busy to keep ringing an engaged tone in the hope I can get through. For this reason I often didn't bother to cancel my appts as I couldn't reach them. It also cost me 50p to use BT ring back.  "UNQUOTE

My local surgery is still on geo numbers. People MUST phone them in
the morning to make an appointment. Think this is same for all surgeries.
I phoned them some time ago at 08.00 hrs, engaged , 08.30 engaged.
I tried again 08.45 got the ring back service and ring back phoned me
back about 09.00 hrs
The cost of ring back on BT is 15p (or £1.75 pm) ,not 50p AFAIK.
total cost about 30p . How much with NEG hanging on for about 30 mins.
£1.50 plus the stress of an ill person having to keep the phone  pressed
to his/her ear all that time.
Disgraceful. Keep the geo number, give people the option.

Any chance , someone who can work these things, put this nasty scheme
onto front page of a national newspaper. I think a journalist will find some
unfortunate soul "Sick, frail 80 year old charged £12
(or whatever) to phone his doctors surgery" "I thought 0844 was a local
number says patient " 40p min  from some  mobiles. Or what happens if the patient runs out of PAYG credit?

All the best, keep up the good work.

Alan
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2007 at 12:18am by alan99 »  

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #57 - Jul 19th, 2007 at 1:09am

alan99 wrote on Jul 19th, 2007 at 12:06am:
Any chance , someone who can work these things, put this nasty scheme onto front page of a national newspaper. I think a journalist will find some
unfortunate soul "Sick, frail 80 year old charged £12 (or whatever) to phone his doctors surgery" "I thought 0844 was a local
number says patient " 40p min  from some  mobiles. Or what happens if the patient runs out of PAYG credit?

I think leeds lad's case a few posts back would be precisely the kind of thing that would make an interesting newspaper story.

I guess now could be the time to try and turn up the heat against OfCoN, who I see are now trying to put the heat on the broadcasting companies to direct attention away from a scam that is actually entirely a result of their regulatory failure to properly restrict the use of these numbers and control access to them on ordinary domestic phone lines.

<div style=

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #58 - Jul 20th, 2007 at 6:00pm

To NMGsGhost
I have sent you a personal message on this topic, please look asap. URGENT,
Good Luck, Loddon

Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #59 - Jul 20th, 2007 at 11:23pm

ultra1984 wrote on Jul 17th, 2007 at 7:30pm:
My surgery recently changed over to an 0844 number.  Signs went up everwhere in the surgery this is a low-cost number.  The first month it cost me nearly £5 due to problems with the system.  Never mind the fact I was in tears because I felt so ill and when I did get through the system hung up on me 3 times.  When I finally got through all the appointments had gone.  I cried because I felt so ill.  There was no other way of contacting the surgery. I complained to the practice manager but they never offered to refund the money!   Cry

Hi there,

I noticed your post and thought you might want to know that there is a journalist at The Times called David Rose, their health correspondent, who is currently writing up a story on the NEG doctor's surgery scam and is wanting to talk to real life examples of people like you who have actually had their own doctor's surgery number change to 0844 as a result of NEG's activities, and so who have to call one of these 084 or 087 numbers and suffered financially as a result.

If you would be interested in talking to him and having your case featured can you send an email to him at david.rose@the-times.co.uk also giving your phone number (home and/or mobile) and name and he will get in touch with you (probably this weekend as he is writing the story for an edition of next week's Times newspaper) to discuss it further.

I hope this is not intruding but you seemed pretty upset about what NEG has done and thought you might want to have the chance to strike back against them.

Regards,

NGMsGhost

<div style=

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 50
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge