Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Send Topic Print
PETITION to No. 10 - Prevent doctors using 0844 (Read 234,612 times)
NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: PETITION to No. 10 - Prevent doctors using 084
Reply #15 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 8:17pm

loddon wrote on Aug 9th, 2007 at 8:06pm:
Has anyone any further suggestions for publicising this Petition?

1. Get it mentioned with the URL in any national newspaper

2. Track down discussion forums patronised by doctors, nurses or health professionals and post the link there in existing threads or a new thread

3. Track down more general discussion forums on health issues and post the URL there and background to the petition.

4. Acquire a national press release list of all national and local newspapers and email a press release containing details on the petition and its URL.

5. Acquire the name of trade magazines connected with the health professions and send a press release with the URL of the petition website to those.

6. Organise a demonstration to go to the Houses Of Parliament on a weekday (basically Tuesday to Thursday) during the Parliamentary session and for all the members of the website on the demonstration who have an NEG doctors surgery to ask to see their MPs at the House of Commons.

The snag is that Mr Whitehouse himself (any relation to Mary) does not seem to be an active member of this forum so we cannot directly say it is the www.saynoto0870.com petition against the use of 0844 numbers by doctors surgeries.

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 8:23pm

Its now place 122 out of 8707 still live on the site in terms of number of signatures.

3734 signatures needed to reach Page 1 by size at the present time.

By the way why did this separate thread get started on the NEG petition issue.  That means all those subscribed to the original thread including that nice lady at NEG may not be reading this.

<div style=

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #17 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 8:42pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Aug 9th, 2007 at 8:23pm:
By the way why did this separate thread get started on the NEG petition issue.  That means all those subscribed to the original thread including that nice lady at NEG may not be reading this.

I don't understand the question, NGM.    This is a Petition to No.10 and is nothing to do with NEG, directly; so it deserves a thread in its own right.    There are many doctors using 0845 and certainly some still using 0870 (even though 0870 was officially banned by DoH in 2005).

I don't care whether that "nice " lady reads this really.   She's gone away now hasn't she?   She couldn't be bothered to answer the last question to her so I'm afraid she's a waste of space.    Lets concentrate on getting the numbers up on this Petition.

Thanks for all your suggestions, I will certainly do all I can on the press front.   If a dozen people hit the forums (fora?) and everyone writes to their MP citing the Early Day Motion 1989 we will be sailing!    OK so Parliament's in recess.   If there are a mountain of letters waiting for them on their return it should give them pause for thought!
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2007 at 8:45pm by loddon »  
Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #18 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 8:55pm

I suggest that anyone who knows of a forum or bulletin board we should be using, they identify it here.   Anyone who posts to it should also mention it here and let us know of any reactions/responses they get.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #19 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 9:10pm

loddon wrote on Aug 9th, 2007 at 8:42pm:
I don't understand the question, NGM.    This is a Petition to No.10 and is nothing to do with NEG, directly; so it deserves a thread in its own right.    There are many doctors using 0845 and certainly some still using 0870 (even though 0870 was officially banned by DoH in 2005).

Both this thread title and the detailed wording of the 10 Downing Street petition make it clear that it is the use of 0844 numbers that is opposed.  Hence specifically the use of NEG Surgeryline (although not mentioned by name) and not any wider and less frequent use by doctors of 0845 and 0870 numbers.

The NEG thread already had a lot of participants and I believe that thread was the most appropriate place to mention this 10 Downing Street petition.

<div style=

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #20 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 9:20pm

I've reposted my request for people to sign this petition on one of my online profiles. I've also re-worded it to include the advice by the DoH regarding NGNs and the 03 number range.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #21 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 9:21pm

I see your point -- so what should we do?   I did mention this Petition on other threads previously but it didn't seem to get any real attention.   Now it is something we can specifically refer to and follow.    Surely all experienced participants can find this OK and newcomers will know exactly what we are talking about.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #22 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 9:45pm

Perhaps I am being a little pedantic.

The key things is to try to get the petition on page 1 of the petitions website by size, after which it will probably be spotted by national newspaper journalists and also be signed by other casual visitors to the 10 Downing Street website.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2007 at 4:14pm by DaveM »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #23 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 3:22pm

How about contacting our GPs (for those who have not opted for a premium number)? I know my surgery has spoken with NEG and decided against it.

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #24 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 3:55pm

I think that is a great idea.   Try to find out what the selling pitch was, how they assessed/evaluated their proposals, why they rejected them and what alternatives they considered.    We could then consider how we could get the message to all the other doctors in the country.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2007 at 4:15pm by DaveM »  
IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #25 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 8:51pm

Maybe this is another good petition to sign?

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Listen2aPetition/

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Actually act on one of these petitions instead of sending us pitiful excuses.

Sounds like we aren't the only ones who seem to be getting no reasonable results from the PM Smiley.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #26 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 8:58pm

Only 12 signatures so far I see.

How did you come across this particular petition so early in its life?  You wouldn't be John Adams would you by any chance? Wink Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2007 at 4:15pm by DaveM »  

<div style=

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #27 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 9:10pm

LOL no. I was checking up on the status of this petition, and decided to pop onto the home page to see how many more votes we needed before we got there. It is the second petition listed under "Five most recent petitions" Smiley.

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #28 - Aug 11th, 2007 at 8:49am

The Health Message Boards contain much chat on health topics.   I have started a thread on the topic of doctor surgeries pointing people to the Petition here : -----

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?p=3149480#post3149480

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #29 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 7:22pm

I seem to have managed to start rather a well participated thread on the subject of the anti 0844 doctors surgeryline petition over in the Pie & Piston forum section of www.pistonheads.com ; This forum section of the Pistonheads forum is specifically for off topic non motoring related discussions as you can see from many of the other threads posted.

This is a very busy forum with a lot of members with strong views (i.e. petrolheads) and in just a couple of hours it has prompted a large number of responses already and I am sure has added quite a few signatures to the petition.

There have been several strong posts defending 0844 number use and NEG.  Some of these are from people brainwashed in to believing anything beginning 084 is "local rate" but at least two seem to be from a possible NEG employee (a Rich Burley) who is demanding to have me banned from the forum and another is from a guy who seems to probably be a GP or a GP Practice Manager as he seems to know exactly why doctors surgeries started using the NEG system.

Anyhow you may care to look at it as there are strongly expressed views on both sides and quite a few forum members seems to have signed the petition.  Its now on P2 of the 10 Downing Street petitions site with over 2,500 signatures.  Only 800 or so more are needed to get it on Page 1

See the pistonheads discussion at www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=141&t=425682&i=0

<div style=

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge