Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Send Topic Print
Ofcom consultation: Simplifying NGNs — April 2013 (Read 157,741 times)
loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Re: Ofcom consultation: Simplifying NGNs — April 2013
Reply #75 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 9:16am

SilentCallsVictim wrote on May 31st, 2013 at 7:56pm:
Some may see other nations as being more inclined towards "proper regulation" than the British.

See http://www.bundesnetzagentur.de/cln_1932/SharedDocs/Pressemitteilungen/EN/2013/1....

As I understand it, our telephone network cannot apply different rates for distinct portions of the duration of the call. Some may be excited about the idea of a state regulator getting involved in deciding when "a caller's business is being attended to". I make many calls where the person who answers is not in any way competent in dealing with my business, however I would not fancy having to argue my case for a refund of the call cost with a regulator.

I don't think anyone could accuse the current German government of Nazism so their attempts at "proper regulation" are worthy of consideration.    I feel their, the Bundesnetzagentur, proposals are impressive and I wonder why Ofcom have not taken a leaf out of their book. Undecided

I also wonder why the Fair telecoms campaign make no mention of this issue (queuing) and is not pressing Ofcom to take "proper" action?  Undecided

In my response to the Ofcom consultation in 2010 I said :---
"Inefficiency
Another aspect of this concept and design is that the longer a call takes the more revenue the called Organisation receives. Therefore the Organisation has no incentive to keep calls as short and efficient as possible. Indeed the incentive is directly opposite and there must be some temptation to cause calls to last longer and so to increase the revenue. Long winded recorded messages, extensive menus, long call queues all have this effect without costing the Organisation anything as they are zero cost once set up. Queues can be unlimited in length. The phone service companies also do not mind longer calls at premium rates because this provides additional revenues. There are many examples in the public domain of people complaining of long queues while calling 084 numbers. This used to be a problem with 0870 but is curtailed somewhat with 0871/2/3 by regulation although the regulation could be more strict and more rigorously enforced. The idea of “light touch” regulation in this regard is totally unacceptable from a callers point of view.
The deliberate or incidental extension of call lengths leads to considerable waste of time by callers which when multiplied by the millions of calls to 084 and 087 numbers every day must add up to a massive cost to the national economy. ..... 

Revenue share
I am generally against this in concept, but if it were to be retained then it should not necessarily be related to the length of the call which could still tempt call lengthening for revenue earning purposes. It may be better to make this a fixed price per call, to be set by the Organisation. This would provide true transparency and enable callers to make clear decisions prior to committing to a call because they would know in advance their access charge (or its basis) and they would know how much they are paying for the service and that the whole cost is going to the Organisation called. The Organisation would be in a position to influence the cost of use of the 084 number and realistically to negotiate. This would address the question of overall efficiency because the Organisations would have an incentive to keep their service calls efficient.
"

The Bundesnetzagentur states :---
"The final regulations on free call queues take effect on 1 June. As from this date, call queues for special service numbers (eg 0180 and 0900 numbers) can only be used if a fixed price applies to the call or the call queue is free of charge for the caller. "

Yes, the Bundz allows "fixed price calls" which is what I said in 2010 to Ofcom; I said I am against premium charges on 084/7 numbers in principle but if Ofcom insist in allowing the industry to carry on ripping-off consumers at least they ought to make the calls fixed price which would remove the incentive for companies to cause, create or allow queues and delays!   Cool

Please take this as a recommendation to Fair Telecoms to call for an end to queuing and manufactured delays on 084/7 numbers and to campaign for fixed price calls instead of per minute access and service charges which allow the scamming to continue.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2013 at 10:35am by loddon »  
Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #76 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 12:44pm

loddon wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 9:16am:
Please take this as a recommendation to Fair Telecoms to call for an end to queuing and manufactured delays on 084/7 numbers and to campaign for fixed price calls instead of per minute access and service charges which allow the scamming to continue.

The fair telecoms campaign opposes the imposition of unjustified Service Charges.

Most of the cases one has in mind should not be on 084/7 numbers anyway. I feel that it could be dangerous to dilute this message by perhaps implying that it is call queueing, which is often an essential element of the service, that should be removed, rather than the Service Charge.

The tricky cases are those where a Service Charge may represent a justifiable way of charging for a service currently offer on a 084/7 number. For example, there are technical advice services supplementary to dealing with issues related to the product or service provided, such as an ISP offering assistance with use of computer applications. I cannot see a general case for arguing that one of the following must apply:

• The Service Charge must be greater than 13p per minute, so as to fall within the scope of the Phonepay Plus regulations.

• Callers must receive the engaged tone if they cannot be immediately connected to an agent competent to deal with their business.

• Those with business that can be resolved simply and quickly must pay the same as those who have many different questions or a complex issue, and therefore keep an agent necessarily engaged for a long time.

There are other ways of charging for such services, however I cannot say that these would inevitably be fairer.

I believe that our campaigning focus must be on removing all unjustifiable cases of imposition of the Service Charge from the 084/7 ranges. This will include a significant proportion of those cases where callers express concern about the cost incurred as a result of the duration of the call.

Even if we are successful, this will leave many other issues remaining. These will include the duration of calls where a Service Charge is accepted and the cost incurred by those who pay for calls to geographic rate numbers. There is also the general issue of the inconvenience suffered by those who endure long waits to be connected to a call centre, in response to which we urge consideration of "virtual queueing" call-back facilities, although we must take care not to be seen to be promoting particular products.

These, along with many other matters, all need attention. The unjustified imposition of Service Charges must however be a priority and efforts on this issue must not be diluted.

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #77 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 6:38pm

SilentCallsVictim wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 12:44pm:
The fair telecoms campaign opposes the imposition of unjustified Service Charges.

I feel that it could be dangerous to dilute this message by perhaps implying that it is call queueing, which is often an essential element of the service, that should be removed, rather than the Service Charge.

The unjustified imposition of Service Charges must however be a priority and efforts on this issue must not be diluted.

I would think almost everyone on this Forum opposes unjustified Service Charges (SC).

I would say that I am even more against Access Charges (AC) which are currently much larger than the SC, up to about 20 times larger.   

These two evils, AC and SC, are further compounded by the third evil – queueing.  I am equally against queueing as it compounds the problem.   Consumers have been complaining about it for years and are still complaining as we saw in the comments on the recent report by the BBC :---
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22540999

Just two of the comments on the BBC website:---
"133.itsdavehere
26 Minutes ago
Ofcom should be looking (at) companies that have these automated queues/options menus etc... as these are a real money spinner for the phone companies and the companies that use them.
They are open to abuse as an easy way to rip off the consumer.
The law should be changed stating that, if a company uses these automated services, then the call MUST be free! Why should I have to pay to wait in a queue?

132.spam spam spam spam
27 Minutes ago
Some people are "put off" making important calls because of confusion over the amount they will be charged,
CORRECTION - Some people are "put off" making important calls because they know so many "customer service lines" are blatant extortionate rip offs, designed to maximise profit & even if you were the 1st to phone 1st thing in morning "sorry we are experiencing high call volumes
",

Why should I have to pay to wait in a queue says “itsdavehere”.   A good question.   The Bundz has stipulated that phone companies cannot charge people while queueing and queue time must be free or the call must be fixed price.   If Germany can do it why can't Ofcom?
I described to Ofcom in 2010 exactly the problem of combining call queueing with premium rate numbers and how that combination incentivises phone companies and organisations to cause inefficiency because the longer the queue and the more callers time is wasted the more they earn.    This is totally wrong in concept and in design.   This must cost the country massively in total wasted time, and I regard Ofcom as responsible.    The Bundz have recognised this problem and have done something about it.   I suggested in 2010 fixed price calls could be a solution for 084/7 calls and I have seen nothing in Ofcom's consultations stating they have considered this or explained why they have rejected the idea.

I don't see why Fair Telecoms could not take up this issue of the evil of combined premium rate numbers with the menace of queueing and give it equal priority.   Surely this isn't too complicated for Ofcom to understand?

Of course the real problem is that Ofcoms proposals are deeply flawed because they are now introducing AC and SC but they are not addressing the fundamental problems and are doing nothing about queueing.   The idea that this is simplification is laughable because most consumers will see this as a complication.   The forthcoming CRD (Consumer Rights) legislation may provoke some improvements but that has not been an Ofcom initiative.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2013 at 7:00pm by loddon »  
IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #78 - Jun 6th, 2013 at 1:23am

SilentCallsVictim wrote on May 31st, 2013 at 7:56pm:
Some may see other nations as being more inclined towards "proper regulation" than the British.

For the avoidance of doubt, my reference to the widely understood national ‘inclinations’ of a particular EU partner was general and timeless, not on account of a specific period in its history.

loddon wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 6:38pm:
I would say that I am even more against Access Charges (AC) which are currently much larger than the SC, up to about 20 times larger.

As the "Access Charge" is defined as being the amount retained by the call originating telephone company when a Service Charge is imposed, removing the Service Charge from a particular call also removes the Access Charge.

Unlike the Service Charge, the nature of the Access Charge will be changed significantly from what it is at present. As it will be recognised as being to simply cover the cost of originating and placing a call, it will be hard to justify it being any different from the cost of a geographic call. The question of what calls are covered by a package subscription is however separate, as providers will be free to keep package subscription costs down by only covering calls to actual geographic rate numbers, if they so wish.

The Bundz has stipulated that phone companies cannot charge people while queueing and queue time must be free or the call must be fixed price.

That is not true. The regulations referred to do not apply to calls to geographic or mobile numbers. One assumes that phone companies charge for these calls, as freephone numbers are also mentioned.

A special range of numbers has been allocated for the purpose of "free queuing", which presumably terminate on special equipment with the capability to suspend and apply the charging process at particular points during a call. It is not made clear whether it is the caller who makes the determination that they have been connected to someone capable of dealing with their business, or if charging is commenced at the instigation of the party called.

I am not aware of there being sufficient demand for this facility to warrant the UK networks investing in this technology, assuming that there are no fundamental technical issues to preclude its use. Decisions about where and how to deploy it would then have to be made by users, possibly compelled by regulation.

I would be happy to be briefed on the realities of this proposal by anyone who wished to advance it seriously, rather than simply chat about it in a discussion forum.

Quote:
The law should be changed stating that, if a company uses these automated services, then the call MUST be free! Why should I have to pay to wait in a queue?

It is interesting to read this proposal being introduced to the discussion, as it is not confined to the issue of non-geographic numbers and Service Charges. Although thereby outside the scope of this thread, it would be interesting to read of how such a proposal could be fair.

I don't see why Fair Telecoms could not take up this issue of the evil of combined premium rate numbers with the menace of queueing and give it equal priority.   Surely this isn't too complicated for Ofcom to understand?

There is no question that imposition of an unjustified Service Charge is compounded when call queuing is involved and one can see that we do not miss this point when it is relevant.

We do not however wish to be seen to be opposed to a fair way of handling situations where there are more callers than there are agents available. We believe that call queuing is a perfectly legitimate approach, and do not wish to offer any comfort or support to those who falsely claim that it is only possible when a Service Charge is imposed.

Whilst Ofcom has clearly not been misled, we believe that many people fail to appreciate that the features available with non-geographic (and enhanced 01/02) numbers are not restricted to those ranges on which a Service Charge is applied.

As for Ofcom, its relevant resources will be committed to the implementation of the unbundled tariff and making freephone free for two years and beyond. I see no prospect of it taking a significant turn or adding a load of additional provisions. This could change, if legal action by those who stand to lose as a result of the transparency being introduced forces it to abandon its present plans and return to the drawing board.

If all goes to plan, the whole position will have to be reassessed in something over two years time, when we will know for certain about the demand for the 084/087 ranges.

I suggested in 2010 fixed price calls could be a solution for 084/7 calls and I have seen nothing in Ofcom's consultations stating they have considered this or explained why they have rejected the idea.

As I understand it, Ofcom has not rejected the fixed price option for 084/7 calls. As we devote our energies to campaigning for Service Charges to be removed, there is no reason why others may not campaign for users to switch to fixed price (per call) Service Charges.

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #79 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 9:16am

SilentCallsVictim wrote on Jun 6th, 2013 at 1:23am:
..... removing the Service Charge from a particular call also removes the Access Charge.

Well, my view is that the AC is still a major concern because for some strange reason financial services, healthcare and social services are excluded from the the requirements of the CRD.   Financial Services covers banks   Shocked and insurers  Shocked  which are among the largest and very worst organisations that have been exploiting NGNs to rip-off consumers and we now know that they will not be compelled to change by the CRD.  Shocked

The Bundz has stipulated that phone companies cannot charge people while queueing and queue time must be free or the call must be fixed price.

That is not true. The regulations referred to do not apply to calls to geographic or mobile numbers.

Of course, I don't think anyone would deduce that the Bundz included geographic or mobile calls in their regulations.   This thread has NGNs in its title and I have made it clear all along that my concern is with the evil of combining queue charging with premium rate numbers and that is why I criticise Ofcom because they seem to be oblivious to the problem.  The Bundz however do see it as a major problem and clearly decided some time ago, probably in 2010 when I was pressing the issue with Ofcom, to introduce legislation to ban charging of consumers while they are in a queue on a premium rate number.   They have allowed the the Deutche phone service industry two ways to  comply --- use fixed price calls OR if they want to charge per minute then queue time is free!!!   

The Bundz have gone through their preliminaries, written the regulations, held a 9 month trial and have now fully implemented the regulations, meanwhile Ofcom have done nothing but prove their incapability and incompetence. ..  And interestingly if a caller sits in a NGN queue in Germany to be answered and then is moved by an agent to wait in another queue midway through the call the second queue time must also be free !!!   Smiley Grin

[SilentCallsVictim wrote on Jun 6th, 2013 at 1:23am:
quote author=loddon link=1366033132/77#77 date=1370453893] Quote:

This was not something I originated and you are quoting a BBC reader's comment out of context.  I referred to it as an example of the many adverse comments about Ofcom's proposals that illustrate the strength of concern that people have which Ofcom seem to be ignoring.    This reader would probably be much happier living in Deutchland because the Bundz has listened to his complaints and stipulated that he should not have to pay while waiting in a premium rate NGN queue.  Smiley

« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2013 at 9:33am by loddon »  
IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #80 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 9:42am

loddon wrote on Jun 7th, 2013 at 9:16am:
..... removing the Service Charge from a particular call also removes the Access Charge.

Well my view is that the AC is still a major concern because for some strange reason financial services, healthcare and social services are excluded from the the requirements of the CRD.   Financial Services covers banks   Shocked and insurers  Shocked  which are among the largest and very worst organisations that have been exploiting NGNs to rip-off consumers and we now know that they will not be compelled to change by the CRD.  Shocked

The EU-imposed regulatory structure for financial services, and also transport is separate to that for other businesses. All of the provisions of the CRD therefore do not apply, including areas where stricter regulations for financial services are already in force. It also does not cover services provided by the state, e.g. those of the Department for Work and Pensions.

I understand that BIS has secured the support of the Department for Transport to extend the provisions to its sector. The possibility of extending the provision covering telephone numbers to Financial Services would have to be addressed as a separate issue by the Treasury.

The campaign to remove unjustified Service Charges, where not made invalid by the CRD, will be greatly helped by the tone set by the CRD provisions. The Treasury and the DWP will have to argue, respectively, that something which is prohibited for other businesses is acceptable for the financial services sector and for itself. Similarly every individual financial services company will have to advance the same argument in attempting to justify its Service Charge to its customers.

The level of the Access Charge could indeed remain as being a concern in cases where the Service Charge is retained. The degree of actual concern will not be known until we see how telcos choose to set this. Ofcom is waiting to see if intervention will be necessary. The present variable and undeclared levels of Access Charge do however provide a very strong additional reason for the immediate abandonment of unjustifiable Service Charges.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #81 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 11:36am

Well, my view is that the AC is still a major concern …

Service Providers with 084/087 numbers will, no doubt, agree with you here.

After all, they frequently quote the bundled rate from a call provider whose Access Charge is nothing and claim that those that do impose an Access Charge vary.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2013 at 11:40am by Dave »  

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

Reply #82 - Jun 7th, 2013 at 12:05pm

Dave wrote on Jun 7th, 2013 at 11:36am:
Well, my view is that the AC is still a major concern …

Service Providers with 084/087 numbers will, no doubt, agree with you here.

After all, they frequently quote the bundled rate from a call provider whose Access Charge is nothing and claim that those that do impose an Access Charge vary.

There is an excellent example of this from a recent news item.

Quote:
We have to remember that the problem is not so much the system practices use but the system providers. These days people have mobile phones and phone contracts which charge more for certain numbers. The system as a whole needs to change. It’s those providers that are ripping people off, not practices.

This argument is put forward to confuse the issue and I do not wish to be seen to be supporting it. The Service Charge is not truly a secondary issue, but the basis to which the Access Charge may be added.

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #83 - Jun 9th, 2013 at 8:17am

..... and insurers  Shocked  which are among the largest and very worst organisations that have been exploiting NGNs to rip-off consumers and we now know that they will not be compelled to change by the CRD.  Shocked

Nita wrote on Jun 7th, 2013 at 6:21pm:
I have just been looking at moneysupermarket.com to renew my car Insurance. All the companies quoted give 0844 numbers. I think they should be added to your "Hall of Shame"

I am inclined to agree with Nita.   Thanks Nita for confirming my earlier assertion.  Smiley

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #84 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 6:40pm

Ofcom has now published some responses to its consultation here :---
http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/simplifying-non-geo-no/?showRespo...

There appear to be less than 30 responses of which most are from corporations within the industry and a mere 8 are from individuals.

Some of the corporate responses  provide an insight into the way these companies think and also reveal interesting information about the industry.   For example EE says this on page 5 of its response :---

"It is beyond argument that the non-geographic calls market, including the market for 08x calls, is a naturally dwindling one. Service Providers (“SPs”) of all descriptions including banks, utilities and government departments are increasingly utilising more cost effective but equally, if not more, customer friendly service models such as online ordering and service provision and real time web chat / VoIP services, as well as mobile alternatives like SMS, premium SMS and mobile voice short codes."

So this major company has declared that 084/7 market is dwindling.  Smiley     Our joy at this good news must be tempered by the Ofcom objective which is to "reinvigorate" the market by implementing its proposals.

EE also says this :---
" ...... Ofcom‟s confirmation that it will not require ... for the 084/087 ... ranges that the Access Charge (“AC”) is separately split out on customer bills from the Service Charge (“SC”), which EE welcomes."

So EE doesn't want to show the Access charge separately on its customer bills!   I wonder why not?   Could it be that if the Access charge is printed separately on bills its customers would get to understand what it is and how much is being charged by EE?   

If it is combined with the Service charge then customers will be that much lacking in knowledge of the charges being made.    And Ofcom appear to be backing this attitude --- how does that square with the Ofcom promise of greater transparency, being clear to consumers about charges and eliminating opportunities to mislead consumers and to reduce customer harm?   Sad
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2013 at 8:16pm by loddon »  
IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #85 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 7:17pm

The Federation of Communication Services which is the UK trade association for the communication services sector with over 350 members and associates is very sceptical about the likely efficacy of the Ofcom proposals, where it states :---.

"In its response to Ofcom’s April 2012 consultation, FCS expressed the view that, without a
cap on access charges, the measures proposed to increase transparency and trust in the
non geographic ranges were unlikely to be effective. While we recognise some of the
additional protections required by Ofcom relating to the access charge (one access charge
per tariff package), we continue to believe that lack of certainty of the total cost to the
customer remains the single biggest barrier to achieving genuine transparency for
consumers. It seems clear that customers will continue to be confused and resistant to
calling numbers where they will incur a further unknown access charge in addition to the
stated service charge
."

The FCS seems to agree with my earlier assertion that these proposals will be seen as further complication rather than simplification.  Sad   Will Ofcom recognise this and change the proposals accordingly?   Undecided
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:25pm by loddon »  
IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #86 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 7:38pm

Magrathea Telecom still broadly agree with my views on the Ofcom proposals.   They say :---

"Magrathea remains opposed to the introduction of the unbundled tariff regime as we do not believe
it is the right way to solve the problems associated with non-geographic call services

We do not believe that Ofcom has demonstrated that the benefits to consumers (callers) of
unbundling 0844 tariffs will outweigh the costs, in financial terms. It is true that callers, both fixed
and mobile, already pay more than the 5ppm designated in the Numbering Plan. This is because the
lack of regulation at the retail price level has enabled OCPs to introduce call set-up charges that,
when added to the pence per minute rate, have the effect of increasing the per-minute cost of a call.
It is therefore no surprise that this “tariff creep” has led consumers to be confused about what they
are actually paying
."

It is interesting that a major company within the telecoms services industry highlights the menace of "tariff creep" and draws attention to "call set-up charges".

They also say :---
"Ofcom notes that it would like to maintain pricing flexibility for OCPs, but
we do not believe that this degree of flexibility is necessary, since consumers are unlikely to make
buying decisions on the basis of the cost of calling numbers which they rarely call. Mobile
consumers tend to focus on the overall bundle of calls, texts and data and the handset on offer.
Fixed line customers may also be considering broadband and/or pay TV services. Non-geographic
numbers would come a long way down the list of decision factors
."

Exactly.   This confirms what I say about the fact that there is and will be in the proposed regime no real competitive pressure which would help control prices.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2013 at 7:51pm by loddon »  
IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #87 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 10:14pm

This posting has appeared on the Which? website conversation concerning GPs and rip-off phone numbers :---

"Author: Valerie Zebedee
Comment:
I phoned my G.P. surgery in Calne, Wilts. at 8.30 am today to make an appointment for my little granddaughter and despite being first in the queue it still took ten minutes on the 0844 number for an answer. So this cost me 50p plus the Sky charge, and I was advised four times to ring 999 for an emergency and four times to try at a less busy time!"

A typical example of the rip-off combination of a premium number combined with queuing that is not tolerated in Germany but is continuing to disgrace the phone services industry in UK due to the negligence of our regulator Ofcom.   The German regulator Bundesnetzagentur has banned precisely this type of rip-off and ruled that if a caller is held in a queue that time cannot be charged for, queuing time must be free.

This is one of the main reasons callers complain 084 and 087 numbers and repeatedly call for them to be banned.   The Bundesnetz' has demonstrated that it is perfectly feasible to disallow charging for queue time but Ofcom have failed even to recognise the problem in their analysis through all their consultations from 2010 up to the recent may 2013 consultation.   Embarrassed Sad Angry   This embarrassing failure by Ofcom must now be rectified !!!

Out of interest the GP practices in the Calne area using 0844 include :---

Dr E Goedbloed
voice(0844) 412 0023
32 New Road, SN15 2JB

Lodge Surgery
(0844) 477 0919
Lodge Road, SN15 3SY

The Southbroom Surgery
(0844) 477 8657
15 Estcourt Street,
SN10 1LQ

These GPs should be embarrassed and ashamed of their behaviour, unworthy of the medical profession.   They have no excuse, they should be changing to 03 numbers immediately.   Angry   They have had three years to do it, now is the time.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #88 - Jul 6th, 2013 at 3:54pm

loddon wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 10:14pm:
Out of interest the GP practices in the Calne area using 0844 include :---

Dr E Goedbloed
voice(0844) 412 0023
32 New Road, SN15 2JB

Lodge Surgery
(0844) 477 0919
Lodge Road, SN15 3SY

The Southbroom Surgery
(0844) 477 8657
15 Estcourt Street,
SN10 1LQ

I'm not sure where you sourced this list from, but the parentheses around the 0844 prefix indicates that it can be omitted for callers dialling from a phone line with the same code. Not since 1995 has this applied to 0844, when those within the Thame STD area could get through without it.
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2013 at 4:00pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #89 - Jul 6th, 2013 at 8:45pm

Dave wrote on Jul 6th, 2013 at 3:54pm:
I'm not sure where you sourced this list from, but the parentheses around the 0844 prefix indicates that it can be omitted for callers dialling from a phone line with the same code.

I hadn't noticed the parentheses Dave, so I have checked the source.   It is Yahoo Local

http://uk.local.yahoo.com/Calne/SN11/Wiltshire/Doctors/uk100006006-s-26788490.ht...

On that site all area codes are set in parentheses including the non-geo ones.   Are you sayng they are wrong to do so?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge